Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NABET and The Comma

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
T’Variuness King

NABET and The Comma

Post by T’Variuness King » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:01 pm

The word around our newsroom today is that people want to form a union at the station. Four different people have reached out to a NABET rep for help. Sounds like JT is very concerned.

BirdieKingBobo

Re: NABET and The Comma

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:31 am

NABET would have never let Bill Froelich get hired at THE COMMA.... my gosh... he messed up three times this morning in two minutes.

Unions are only good if they are willing to help those who actually work. Unions have made state workers as bad as they are today. Crossing that line to a Union is a slippery slope.

Glad to see the use of THE COMMA.

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:50 pm

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:31 am
Unions are only good if they are willing to help those who actually work. Unions have made state workers as bad as they are today.
As a State worker, I will tell you that you have no idea what the hell you’re talking about. Conditions for State workers by maniac managers BEFORE we were unionized were horrible

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:07 am

18 years with the government... union did nothing but protect the useless workers. When managers stole money, union protected them. When reports were falsified, union protected them. The people who get screwed are the ones with a real work ethic... thus why I left.

T’Variuness King

Post by T’Variuness King » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:28 pm

The NABET discussion was brought up by one of our photographers. He feels like the management needs to treat us better.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:21 pm

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:07 am
18 years with the government... union did nothing but protect the useless workers. When managers stole money, union protected them. When reports were falsified, union protected them. The people who get screwed are the ones with a real work ethic... thus why I left.
The Union protected managers? RIGHT 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:44 pm

State Government managers have their own Union that does a better job of protecting them than the employees. There is one manager that worked for Grand Traverse County in DHHS who got away with embezzling money, falsifying reports, stealing co-workers wives, and other things. Yet he was able to retire, still have his pension, and torture individuals on the golf course.

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:17 pm

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:44 pm
State Government managers have their own Union that does a better job of protecting them than the employees. There is one manager that worked for Grand Traverse County in DHHS who got away with embezzling money, falsifying reports, stealing co-workers wives, and other things. Yet he was able to retire, still have his pension, and torture individuals on the golf course.
They’re called NERE’s (Non Exclusive Represented Employees) for a reason - THEY’RE NOT UNIONIZED OR A UNION MEMBER. Civil service gives them the same raises that the Unions.

I’ve got personal and specific experience in dealing with this and State Government. If you’re a manager and under investigation, you better hire an employment attorney who specializes in Civil Service rules.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:23 pm

I have experience with them as well... you don't need an attorney, you just need a supervisor who will cover your ass...

Well The COMMA made a H*** mistake... Danielle King got a job in Missouri. She was extremely talented and The COMMA let her go... So Sad. Danielle and Lauren both gone...

Thanks Bill Froelich

kager

Post by kager » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:14 pm

Coulda, woulda, shouda.... I believe Ms King was talented, but made her own bed, so to speak.

Meanwhile, BurgerKing's infatuation with Mr. Bill is rather disconcerting,
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic