Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WSBX 94.5 On The Air

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Tipomitt

Re: WSBX 94.5 On The Air

Post by Tipomitt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:44 pm

They've been off the air for the last 4 days, at least.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:28 pm

Maybe the Styx CD got stuck.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:25 pm

You made me think of the last days of Rock 103 WIQB in Ann Arbor. Obviously, I think at this point, a format change was being considered and they weren't going to put another dime into a faltering format. Anyway, every time they played paradise city by GNR it skipped at the end and one time, Message in a bottle by The Police got stuck. It skipped for at least 10 minutes; man, I would have loved to have recorded that.

Maybe The Styx CD " Sailed away" on the lake :D :lol: j/k

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:41 pm

Foamy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:25 pm
You made me think of the last days of Rock 103 WIQB in Ann Arbor. Obviously, I think at this point, a format change was being considered and they weren't going to put another dime into a faltering format. Anyway, every time they played paradise city by GNR it skipped at the end and one time, Message in a bottle by The Police got stuck. It skipped for at least 10 minutes; man, I would have loved to have recorded that.

Oh, man. I remember CDs and LPs getting stuck on the air 😆 One that jumps to mind is WCSX playing "Tuff Enuff" by Fabulous Thunderbirds and the CD skipping around and thinking "Uhhhhhhh....is anyone gonna fix that, or...."

I mis little technical glitches. I think that's what annoys me so much about production now. Everything is so Goddamn perfect.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:58 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:41 pm
Foamy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:25 pm

Oh, man. I remember CDs and LPs getting stuck on the air 😆 One that jumps to mind is WCSX playing "Tuff Enuff" by Fabulous Thunderbirds and the CD skipping around and thinking "Uhhhhhhh....is anyone gonna fix that, or...."

I mis little technical glitches. I think that's what annoys me so much about production now. Everything is so Goddamn perfect.
" Message in a message in a message in a... b-b-b-bottle,, bababababab"

The guns and roses cd WIQB had must have been really scratched up :lol

I may have mentioned this in The WIOT thread, in the outside of Michigan section, that I'm surprised some of those CD's didn't look like Swiss cheese from the CD laser and the same songs getting played to death.

Tipomitt

Post by Tipomitt » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:13 pm

Still off the air...website says nothing (looks like it was created but has never been updated). I would hasten to guess this little experiment has failed.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:25 am

I'm surprised that no one has been positive about WSBX. Seemed like everyone could find a few tracks on that they liked. On the other hand, you have to be a hard core rock fan to like The Grateful Dead format. It's like elevator music for hippies.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:46 pm

New owner, new format (you won't like it) probably coming.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Tipomitt

Post by Tipomitt » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:57 am

Oh me of little faith...back on the air this morning after at least a week off the air...same format

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:31 pm

Maybe transmitter Maintenace or something.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic