Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Broadway's gone

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Realist

Re: Broadway's gone

Post by Realist » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:30 pm

ADD in TC wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:30 pm
Trophyhead wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:21 am
Now, also, WTCM-FM.
Yup, confirmed.

Surprized Broadway apparently did not sign a non compete with Macdonald.

Wonder if he'll have anything to do with WJZQ.
What time slot?

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:27 am

He was filling in for Carey Carlson this past Friday.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:23 pm

I am shocked anyone listens to terresterial radio anymore; especially in Northern Michigan. The ads and the stations are horrible. It's basically Christian, Oldies, 70's, Country, and NPR. I go nuts when I don't have my SiriusXm in the car; or when my car is in the shop. The Ads are awful; one station was running ads for a restaurant in Traverse City that closed a year ago. I get advertising on the radio is a lot like advertising on television and there are not a lot of ads being bought by local companies; however the ads that are put together are awful on the radio.... Plus the Radio is so bad in Northern Michigan; that an ex speaker on the radio (Calling him a disk jockey is a stretch) like Jack O'Malley can get voted into state office.....

lurker

Post by lurker » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:53 pm

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:23 pm
I am shocked anyone listens to terresterial radio anymore; especially in Northern Michigan. The ads and the stations are horrible. It's basically Christian, Oldies, 70's, Country, and NPR. I go nuts when I don't have my SiriusXm in the car; or when my car is in the shop. The Ads are awful; one station was running ads for a restaurant in Traverse City that closed a year ago. I get advertising on the radio is a lot like advertising on television and there are not a lot of ads being bought by local companies; however the ads that are put together are awful on the radio.... Plus the Radio is so bad in Northern Michigan; that an ex speaker on the radio (Calling him a disk jockey is a stretch) like Jack O'Malley can get voted into state office.....
I'd say that Jack's popularity on the radio really helped him get voted in, so your comment makes little sense. Also, when was the last time Sirius showed up to the Community Fundraiser or donated to the college golf outing? When did you last hear Sirius warn you about traffic back-ups, accidents or dangerous storms? Has Sirius ever helped a local festival or new business get off the ground? These are some of the reasons why a lot people STILL listen to radio. Yes, some of the commercials are bad and some station's programming is lack-luster, but Northern Michigan is a very strong radio market where community still means something and people tune in to stay in touch.

burytheneedle

Post by burytheneedle » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:41 am

I'd argue that Northern Michigan radio is pretty good compared to many medium size markets and other small markets. You've got mom & pop owners keeping their heads above the water and keeping it local. Props to them for keeping the large corporate companies out. There are a few who rely heavily on syndication but it's better than anything we're getting in other Midwest markets.

lurker

Post by lurker » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:35 am

Heard him on Z93 the other day. Mid-day.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:46 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that the VanDries Girl .... Lisa something is a smoke show????

And Jack was voted in because he was a disk jockey and he was voted out because he ran on that same platform along with nasty commercials ....

kager

Post by kager » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:11 pm

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:46 pm
Am I the only one that thinks that the VanDries Girl .... Lisa something is a smoke show????
yes.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic