Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dave carr WKKM passes

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
BayCityJohn2337

Dave carr WKKM passes

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:05 pm

Received some sad news today Dave Carmine passed away yesterday at his long time home in Harrison. He was a real radio pioneer bringing country radio to northern and central Michigan back in the late 70s. Detroit radio owners said he would never make it and within 6 months be off the air. The opposite actually happened he was able to create a H*** following and the station billed more than ever thought possible. Dave said the information hour was the most important from Paul Harvey to local and national news.

For more information on the impact of Dave Car and WKKM you can Google Dave Carmine Harrison MI for the full Obituary

Rest in peace Cactus Dave.....

Trophyhead

Re: Dave carr WKKM passes

Post by Trophyhead » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:06 pm

One of my WATT co-workers went to work for Dave in '85 at "The Country King," after his overnight shifts on AM 1240 started to get to him. The fellow was out of radio, driving a air transit delivery van several months after that.

Carmine was very nice to me, the couple of visits I made to his studios. It may be unfair to label Harrison as a "Micro-micro-market," but Cadillac had several signals at the time I worked there and a TV station in town. Dave knew exactly what he was doing and how to accomplish his goals. Rest in Peace.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic