Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

LPTVs On The Air Testing

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Ben Zonia

LPTVs On The Air Testing

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:23 pm

W15DF and W19EZ Cadillac
W20DT and W22EL Vanderbilt

On the air, testing with US Flag and IDs on video, 1000 Hz tone audio.

All 15 kW maximum with DAs, with high HAAT below WWTV 9 and WFUP 21 antennas.

Vanderbilt stations are easily seen 25 miles LOS.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

paul8539

Re: LPTVs On The Air Testing

Post by paul8539 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:32 am

What are they going to be carrying?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:17 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:32 am
What are they going to be carrying?
I'll be happy if there are a couple of Retro channels with decent, underrated series.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

organman95

Post by organman95 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:19 am

Most likely Laff, Grit, etc. Whatever 9&10 isn't carrying.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:55 am

Wireless cable.

Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:30 am

W28EJ and W30DQ are now testing and their IDs added, but although the COL is Charles, MI, it says Sault Set. Marie on the screen. Anyone know when the Elmhurst channels will be on from the WMKC tower?

-Author Unknown

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:07 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:30 am
W28EJ and W30DQ are now testing and their IDs added, but although the COL is Charles, MI, it says Sault Set. Marie on the screen. Anyone know when the Elmhurst channels will be on from the WMKC tower?
They were delayed earlier this spring because of getting heavy cement trucks on the roads in that area with weight limits. They needed to build a complete transmitter building at that site. This construction takes time that the other sites didn't delay as much.

Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:53 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:55 am
Wireless cable.
I agree as well. Evoca TV has paired up LPTVs in their other markets to provide the (encrypted) ATSC 3.0 channels, from what I've read.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =7&t=59983

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:35 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:07 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:30 am
They were delayed earlier this spring because of getting heavy cement trucks on the roads in that area with weight limits. They needed to build a complete transmitter building at that site. This construction takes time that the other sites didn't delay as much.
Per the attachment on Val Vista's latest FCC filings to Amend/Extend the Tolling for the two stations on the WMKC tower by Harbor Springs, this Friday (6/17) is the big installation day, as it was the first that Team Elmers could have the crane there as well as the other contracted firm Tower Direct to do their part:

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/datae ... 9bb6a908a8

Quote: "...As demonstrated in the attachment hereto, Val Vista has finally been able to schedule delivery of the crane and additional equipment for June 17, 2022, which was the first available date that all necessary equipment could be delivered to the location...."

The weather looks okay by me for Friday at Harbor Springs, with the heat being done and hopefully light enough wind to not hinder the efforts.

Regarding the 3 frequencies to be added to the Traverse City Tower (two by Val Vista...so likely the Evoca ones; and one by Cadillac Broadcasting...owners of WFQX Local/Fox 32--content unknown), mid-July is the revised timeline goal in the latest filings for that site:

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/datae ... feb0f506df

Quote: "...A new construction plan has been developed and construction is scheduled to begin the week of June 6, with the contractor installing new anchors and completing modifications to the foundation. The concrete used for the new
anchors will need at least 28 days to cure before the guylines can be moved to the new anchors, which will likely not be able to happen until early-July. Based upon the current construction timeline, Val Vista anticipates that its antenna will be installed in mid-July...."

In Evoca's other broadcast markets, BYU TV has been the unencrypted stream within the ATSC 3.0 mux.

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic