Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Enough lies from the Guru Guy

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
BirdieKingBobo

Enough lies from the Guru Guy

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:25 am

As a Registered Republican, it pains me to see any mention of 45 on the television; however what Perry Johnson is doing; with his bold face lies and Trump Propaganda; is making me violently ill.... :barf :barf . At what point do the local TV stations stop taking the money for his campaigns advertisements; and say "Sorry, we're journalists, and these are lies?" It's embarrassing to see.....

Oh... And Eric Lloyd signed a 3-year contract to continue at 9and10. Eric Lloyd has become an awesome reporter in Northern Michigan. He is one of the best, if not the best. Thank You Mr. Lloyd for all of your hard work.

WC8KCY

Re: Enough lies from the Guru Guy

Post by WC8KCY » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:33 pm

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:25 am
As a Registered Republican, it pains me to see any mention of 45 on the television; however what Perry Johnson is doing; with his bold face lies and Trump Propaganda; is making me violently ill.... :barf :barf . At what point do the local TV stations stop taking the money for his campaigns advertisements; and say "Sorry, we're journalists, and these are lies?" It's embarrassing to see.....
With apologies to the Moderators for a non-Broadcasting comment in this subforum...

As a fellow Conservative, it's more troubling to me to note that an alarming percentage of self-identified Republicans lack the critical thinking skills to discern facts from fiction...and unquestioningly accept the drivel being spewed forth by fringe candidates as irrefutable truth.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:26 pm

The candidate in question's head doesn't even look human on camera. How many pounds of makeup does that dude wear? Either that, or he's had a ton of Botox.

I intend to vote for James Craig.

Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:33 am

As an actual broadcaster, I'd like to answer the question above:
Bidbiebooboo wrote:At what point do the local TV stations stop taking the money for his campaigns advertisements; and say "Sorry, we're journalists, and these are lies?" It's embarrassing to see.....
Broadcasters cannot do what you have requested. Current laws say not only must we accept political ads, we can't edit or fact check them and we must sell them as the lowest cost we sell to anyone. It's the law..

kager

Post by kager » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:34 am

It's almost as if PJ's ads were written and paid for... by someone else...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:44 pm

And it's why many people have given up on local TV. I stopped watching regularly.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:30 pm

When I worked at the Grand Rapids Press back in the late 1990's... WZZM refused to run any of Geoffrey Feiger's campaign ads because they didn't condone his support of Assisted Suicide and that he was personally attacking Governor Engler. There were some lies in the campaign ads. Thus why I mentioned 9and10 having the option of not running the ads. Mr. Johnson's outrageous lies are just damning.... it makes Republicans seem like we're uninformed idiots; which is what DJT got elected on.

And I did mention Eric Lloyd in my first post. He's the best reporter in Northern Michigan; and it's not close now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic