Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I Know Where I'll Go The Next Time I Get Ice Cream

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Shuts Up

I Know Where I'll Go The Next Time I Get Ice Cream

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:30 pm

I wonder if they had it to do over again, they would let him come there? I wonder if some people are now avoiding going there, or will once the publicity dies down.

For anyone who asks, I recommend The Dairy Lodge instead.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Re: I Know Where I'll Go The Next Time I Get Ice Cream

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:47 pm

Dairy Lodge is awesome. It's my favorite too, we should meet there some time, like a date.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:48 pm

I may as well join you guys.With the very severe labor shortage we have in town, I'm about to throw up my arms and leave my job of 11 years due to being over worked.I should have plenty of time.

Just think,the three of us TC's all getting together.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:28 pm

Burger King is now at $17

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:06 pm

Dude,I make $22 an hour plus a $500 summer bonus working about 45 hours a week as a casual dining line cook.(down from about 75-80 hours I was getting during the summer pre covid).

Word strongly has it that Culver's is now starting at $20 an hour.I may be laughed at and be taking a bit less pay but I am considering applying for a job over there.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:16 am

Those Butter Burgers pack on the pounds though.

Inflation has already pushed way past the $15 an hour they were demanding last year. I'm worried and we're only getting part of the story. Many of us here are pushing retirement age. Will Social Security hold up? Portfolios?

Hoping that 3D printing will soon end the parts shortage. Too bad otherwise you cant find a $50-200 part and have to buy a new $1000-2000 kitchen or laundry appliance instead. Labor shortages. Supply chain problems. They're saying if you want something or need something, order it now, before Christmas shopping begins. Hanukkah shopping too. Just looked it up. Starts November 28. Can anyone tell me why that seems to be earlier and earlier over the years?

If they are really worried about waste filling landfills, and recycling, end planned obsolescence. And start manufacturing things that don't break right away.

These worries transcend our politics.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:17 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:47 pm
Dairy Lodge is awesome. It's my favorite too, we should meet there some time, like a date.
The Popps are the Tops. I was at a birthday party they were at years ago. I believe I heard or read that the parents have both passed away, and the next generation owns it now.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:48 am

Moomers is far better than the dairy lodge... do we really need political ads on this website. Seriously? I'm a Republican but voted for Biden. President Biden is doing an awesome job. It's time we stop dividing and more forward together.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 am

Moomers is wonderful if you have a spare hour to wait in line with unvaxed tourists from Iowa.

Dairy Lodge is for those of us in Slabtown.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic