Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Smitty

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
BigFreq

Re: Smitty

Post by BigFreq » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:25 pm

Yuck. I absolutely HATE Shinedown's music from the past decade +.

There's no reason to turn KLT completely upside down. Very gradual evolution of the playlist over time is what needs to occur (a strategy the station might already be utilizing; I don't listen often enough to know).
Yes, I suppose there were some who once said "yuck, I hate Guns n Roses", but they were likely holding onto their love affair with 70's arena rock, weren't they?

There are many issues to contend with -- too many decades of classic rock to sort through, could arguably be one; as classic rock now encompasses everything from late 1960's, through the mid 90's; spanning 25 years of musical evolution... and adding years as we go. There's also the fact listeners (like former radio jocks) may not want to evolve beyond a certain point and will stand firm that a particular 10 year span of music was the greatest ever. Listeners (and jocks) are funny like that. Same reason 70's formats appeared in the 90's and the term "Classic Rock" (and later Classic Hits) also made it's debut, as "Oldies" was a distasteful term in the minds of the younger fringe of boomers. Now Gen X gets fight over what is truly a "classic". LOL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic