Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beauty-ful Downtown Falmouth

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
DAC

Beauty-ful Downtown Falmouth

Post by DAC » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 am

I swear, if I hear that phrase one more time I'm going to become a vegetarian. Everyone tells me that Ebels does great business. Why do they have to advertise so (*#R&$#@ much?

Milk

Re: Beauty-ful Downtown Falmouth

Post by Milk » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:30 am

For a tiny, out-of-the-way supermarket and hardware with bankers hours and closed Sundays because of their faith, they seem to do quite well. I think part of the reason, too is because they don't put all their eggs in one basket. They do meat processing, jerky and sell clothes. When the hardware got its own building, they converted the space into a coffee shop. Plus, they're building a new store in Reed City to replace the shuttered Vic's.

Good for them, though Mr. Ebels can be a little annoying.

Jim Sofonia

Post by Jim Sofonia » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:20 am

I went for a loong ride to check it out one day. Very nice sizeable store with a small store feel. I even rode the elevator that we have all heard about many times. I must say there is nothing really beautiful about downtown Falmouth, just farm industry, old buildings etc. an inside joke I guess.

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:26 am

Honestly, I think what really bugs me is the pronunciation of "beauty-ful." I know, it's a gripe about a small thing. But I've had nothing to do for almost 3 months now and am going crazy. Apologies to Ebels.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:04 am

It’s a hook, albeit a flimsy one, but it’s working.

They stick in your head, if not in yer heart.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:05 am

Earworms are a type of marketing. It's the same technique that jingles employ. I just wonder what his annual budget it for TV.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:38 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:05 am
Earworms are a type of marketing. It's the same technique that jingles employ.
It worked for Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In and "Beautiful Downtown Burbank".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic