Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Traverse City is open Friday

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Talks

Traverse City is open Friday

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Congratulations to Traverse City Mayor Jim Carruthers and thank you for his leadership in re-opening the North. Be smart and I look forward to moving around some more...

https://www.record-eagle.com/collection ... 0059d.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Graham Wellington

Re: Traverse City is open Friday

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon May 18, 2020 2:20 pm

I knew he was still alive!

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:20 pm
You must have forgotten to check in a van down by the Boardman River. :rollin

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 18, 2020 5:35 pm

These Regional Boundaries, like Radio Market Boundaries, are often quite arbitrary. Separating Counties into risk regions makes sense, but when it makes no sense, something else needs to be addressed. Geographical boundaries like the Survey Correction Lines make more sense. Opening Michigan North of a series of County lines closest Pentwater to Pinconning makes sense.

Correction Lines occur every 5 or 10 Townships as I recall. Between T 5 N and T 6 N, T 10 N and T 11 N, T 15 N and 16 N, T 20 N and T 21 N, etc., are some examples.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Could you have picked a more complicated geographical concept? The general public has no flippin' clue what a "correction line" is.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Divided by county

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 18, 2020 6:35 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:14 pm
Could you have picked a more complicated geographical concept? The general public has no flippin' clue what a "correction line" is.
Do you? It's not that hard if you have a certain technical knowledge of basic surveying, real estate and mortgages. Ever read a property description more complicated than "Hickory Hollow Subdivision, Lot #22"?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Most members of the general public are not experts in deciphering metes & bounds. I've seen plenty of legal descriptions in my day. Bankers look at the deed or purchase agreement (if applicable), look at the mortgage, look at the mortgage survey, look at the title work - and make sure everything matches. We also make sure there are no encroachments of concern on the survey and no exceptions of concern on the title work.

I only know what a "correction line" is from Googling the term two minutes ago.

I still have no idea how on earth that concept would be useful in defining COVID-19 related restrictions.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Yes. I have read maps for at least the last 60 years. I have pored over numerous property descriptions for tower site locations, real estate listings, the many tower sites to assess the topography to see if the site is suitable. I have read numerous transmitter site descriptions in fcc files, which often contain these descriptions.

I have a HORRIBLE neighbor who has been told legally to stop encroaching on my property, and has agreed to remove items from my property. I have had the property surveyed twice. He has removed stakes that the surveyor placed on the property line. I will be contacting the surveyor again to restake it all along the property line. I have contacted my lawyer again after the clock restarted toward adverse possession, after it was supposed to be settled. The last time the surveyor came, the neighbor sicced his huqe wolflike dogs on me. I thought it was settled after I told him I was contacting the sheriff. Both the lawyer and the surveyor said they'd never seen anything like this guy in their lives. This person is supposedly a highly respected businessman, who obviously "thinks he's better than me", like a comedy routine, but one that is not at all funny. In reality, he is no better than a common thief. Any suggestions?

If you look at MUCC Map Books, you'll find the correction lines, and some have roads named "Correction Line Rd." along them. Hikers, hunters, outdoorsmen, land brokers, environmentalists, surveyors, and civil engineers know the term.

I'll look at he MUCC Book if I can find it, to give examples. The main advantage is that a correction line is that it would go simply, straight across the state East West. A series of County lines might be congruent with a correction line.This is like Base Line Rd., 8 Mile for you Coleman Young and Eminem fans. I'll look.

-Author Unknown

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 pm

I suppose saying "North of U.S.10" would just be too easy, eh?

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:52 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:20 pm
You must have forgotten to check in a van down by the Boardman River. :rollin
:rollin :rollin :rollin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 19, 2020 7:04 am

I have a HORRIBLE neighbor who has been told legally to stop encroaching on my property, and has agreed to remove items from my property. I have had the property surveyed twice. He has removed stakes that the surveyor placed on the property line. I will be contacting the surveyor again to restake it all along the property line. I have contacted my lawyer again after the clock restarted toward adverse possession, after it was supposed to be settled. The last time the surveyor came, the neighbor sicced his huqe wolflike dogs on me. I thought it was settled after I told him I was contacting the sheriff. Both the lawyer and the surveyor said they'd never seen anything like this guy in their lives. This person is supposedly a highly respected businessman, who obviously "thinks he's better than me", like a comedy routine, but one that is not at all funny. In reality, he is no better than a common thief. Any suggestions?
My suggestion was going to be to contact a reputable attorney, but it appears you've already done so.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 19, 2020 7:23 am

What about North of M-61?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 19, 2020 8:11 am

If this guy just grew a bushy cookie duster, he'd look like John Bolton's long lost brother. :rollin

-Author Unknown

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 19, 2020 8:59 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:23 am
What about North of M-61?
There's an M-61? I thought that TC Talks said there was only one state road in Pleasantville, M-22.

He said it just ran in a circle around the city, at the edge of the universe.

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic