Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Deleted User 12047

What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:56 am

According to Rich Nadeau this morning (I could be the only person listening) 94.3 92.5 MusicRadio The Fox FM signs off Saturday night at midnight.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 3988
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:21 am

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:56 am
According to Rich Nadeau this morning (I could be the only person listening) 94.3 92.5 MusicRadio The Fox FM signs off Saturday night at midnight.
The FCC approved the sale recently.


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

RadioNM88
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:16 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by RadioNM88 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:43 am

Does anyone know who bought Foxy or what it will become?



BigFreq
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:21 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by BigFreq » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:46 am

RadioNM88 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:43 am
Does anyone know who bought Foxy or what it will become?
http://www.insideradio.com/free/three-d ... 50432.html

CMU is buying the 94.3 portion of the simulcast. The last I heard, there were still no takers on the 92.5 frequency. They may still be a little too proud with what they expect to get for it.



User avatar
Mark Elliott
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:09 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by Mark Elliott » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:28 am

I'm a little disappointed I wasn't invited back to the big going away shindig today.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 3988
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:41 am

Mark Elliott wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:28 am
I'm a little disappointed I wasn't invited back to the big going away shindig today.
That would have cost an extra $12.95.


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

User avatar
Mark Elliott
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:09 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by Mark Elliott » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:53 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:41 am
Mark Elliott wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:28 am
I'm a little disappointed I wasn't invited back to the big going away shindig today.
That would have cost an extra $12.95.
I don't charge that much... Listening to it now online, interesting choice of songs.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4540
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Kudos to Radio Sucks for coming up with one of the more clever thread titles I've seen in a while around here. :)


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

northradiotruth
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 10:20 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by northradiotruth » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:20 am

I listened to the last hour of the morning show Friday just out of curiosity. There is something I found a little puzzling. I guess the midday woman on the Fox is Chris McCarver and she’s the general manager of the, now defunct, NBI. I know this because she was boasting about how she worked her way up to the general manager position and she mentioned several times how she’s the boss. This may sound cynical but didn’t 20 people(about) just lose their jobs? Didn’t your owner let three stations go dark rather than have you run them anymore? And aren’t the other stations being sold for pennies on the dollar as they are devalued less now than they were just four years ago? This while the other radio clusters apparently are thriving. So why would you get on the air and brag that you are the general manager? Getting the position isn’t worth bragging about being successful at the position is.



hunterw
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by hunterw » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 am

Bye bye, 94.3 went silent right at 12:01am this morning with no TOH.



bmw
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:37 am

I tuned in to the signoff tonight. Nothing special at all. The way they shut the tower down was kinda strange though (at least the 92.5 tower). During the second to last song they played, the power slowly decreased until the station was almost completely buried in the static. At the time I thought that was it. But then it came back and they played one more song (Bryan Adams - This Time). The song played out and then silence. And almost immediately into the silence, the dead carrier began slowly fading into static for a while, then about a minute or so later it was suddenly gone. Now that they're off I can very faintly hear another signal on the 92.5 frequency - I have not been able to ID it (it is at the very end of this clip)

92.5 Sign-off Audio recording from Tawas City for anybody who is curious.



BigFreq
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:21 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by BigFreq » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:21 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:37 am
I tuned in to the signoff tonight. Nothing special at all. The way they shut the tower down was kinda strange though (at least the 92.5 tower). During the second to last song they played, the power slowly decreased until the station was almost completely buried in the static. At the time I thought that was it. But then it came back and they played one more song (Bryan Adams - This Time). The song played out and then silence. And almost immediately into the silence, the dead carrier began slowly fading into static for a while, then about a minute or so later it was suddenly gone. Now that they're off I can very faintly hear another signal on the 92.5 frequency - I have not been able to ID it (it is at the very end of this clip)

92.5 Sign-off Audio recording from Tawas City for anybody who is curious.
Given where that tower site is for 92.5, the engineer back in TC simply powered that puppy down remotely, before turning it off. I don't suspect we will see that signal turned back on for several months, if not longer.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4540
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:04 am

Thanks, bmw. I'll listen to that audio soon.

Are either of the two dopey TV news outlets in Northern Michigan paying any f&cking attention to what's happening to the FM dial up there?

As for the distant 92.5 signal you were able to hear, chances are quite strong you heard WBGV from Sanilac County, although I cannot completely rule out 92.5 WJSZ from Gratiot County.

WBGV:
https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?c ... service=FM


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

User avatar
WC8KCY
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:09 am
Location: 44° 14' N 86° 18' W

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by WC8KCY » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:04 am
Are either of the two dopey TV news outlets in Northern Michigan paying any f&cking attention to what's happening to the FM dial up there?
Hardly a peep from either news department, and they've provided minimal news coverage on the subject for more than a few years now.

It is not much of a stretch to suggest that sales departments--especially at Midwestern--may have something to do with this. Why remind potential clients in the viewing audience that commercial FM isn't what it used to be, and have them second-guess their radio (and, by association, TV) buys?


©2020 WC8KCY Media Group. COOKIES POLICY: The author of this posting uses cookies. You may submit fresh, unopened packages of cookies from well-established national or regional brands (e.g., Keebler, Nabisco/Christie, Archway).

hunterw
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: What Does the Fox Say? Goodbye...

Post by hunterw » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:00 pm

94.3 signal is completely gone now in tc, was just silent this morning at 7am.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic