Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Find "Waldo" Finster

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
IAmTheRadioWizard

Re: Find "Waldo" Finster

Post by IAmTheRadioWizard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:41 am

If you have a gig nowadays you’re winning. Just pisses me off to see someone get shit on for no reason other than things didn’t work out for you in the radio world. Boo hoo. Maybe try putting a demo together and stop being a whiny bitch.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:18 pm

I don't believe that the idea of Morning personality or heavily formatted radio is something people younger than about 50 are looking for. It was popularized in the mid 70's. I had a neighbor who was making seven figures 35 years ago, his daughter has more listeners, and makes about 15%. The station makes about 25% of what it would have in 1984.

Are there still paying gigs for the morning zoo these days? Even shock seems to be running it's course.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:17 pm
So 94.5/ 106.3 North FM....interesting
106.3 was dead this afternoon. Must be going around...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

IAmTheRadioWizard

Find "Waldo" Finster

Post by IAmTheRadioWizard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm

I said nothing about age but instead referring to the people on here that do nothing but shit on what someone else is doing. I know 20 year olds don’t give a shit about radio, but that’s not my point. Point is if you’re on here running your mouth and you’re just bitter because radio didn’t work out for you cry me a river. Do something about it or shut up and move on.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Me? I'm not bitter about radio, I did quite well when I was part of the economy. As for your advice, should I be taking advice from someone with such a marginal career? Just asking, because I only know of a few successful talents in this market, and I don't believe that you are any of them...

I guess I wish any success at anything. But a man has to know his limitations.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 am

Finster - do you use that type of language on the air?

northradiotruth

Post by northradiotruth » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:14 am

The truth will set you free.
Last edited by northradiotruth on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAmTheRadioWizard

Find "Waldo" Finster

Post by IAmTheRadioWizard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm

...I think we found the former NBI employee...

TC Talks

Re: Find

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:40 pm

IAmTheRadioWizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm
...I think we found the former NBI employee...
Who cares! This is good dirt...

Breaking it down...

A) The deal with NBI seems like they bit off more than they could chew.
B) Sales is sales, that is the sellers job to show the value and ask for the buy, it's sort of engrained in this industry, but Finster as a product isn't Kobi Beef...
C) At worst any situation with Roy is a 50/50. Roy's stations have issues (like broadcasting from the wrong antenna) and B.S. entered the market with no cash reserves and was there a promotion plan?

It all paints a picture of a typical marginal Radio Operator these day. Trouble I see? MidWestern, MacGarb, NBI and Black Diamond are all dialed in.

As for Finster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic