Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Find "Waldo" Finster

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
zzand

Re: Find "Waldo" Finster

Post by zzand » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Mr. Wizard, you do know Metalhead owns the board right?

NMCSpeaks

Post by NMCSpeaks » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:02 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:28 pm
Mr. Wizard, you do know Metalhead owns the board right?
I hope this is not an implication of any sort of retribution against Mr. Wizard for his free expression.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Not at all, just explaining who Metalhead is. If anything he is an advocate of free speech.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 pm
Not at all, just explaining who Metalhead is. If anything he is an advocate of free speech.
Especially with numb nuts LL101 still here...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:04 am

I know. It's Woody Nelson!!
Wow - that's a name I haven't seen around these parts in quite some time. LOL
You're an expert at posting on a buzzboard that is filled with has-beens who are so disgruntled at the fact that they couldn't cut it in the broadcasting world that they spend their free time talking shit about someone they've never even met before. What a waste of life.
I see. Retreads (such as yourself) evidently fall into a different category than has-beens. Didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying, Finster!

Hey, ask your bosses if 92.5 / 94.3 The Trail is finally getting ready to launch. :lol:

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:43 am

learn to fly wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:46 am
I know. It's Woody Nelson!!
Finster is Woody? Classic.

Never give up Finster, there's no turning back now.

FWIW, if I got back into ownership, I'd be calling MW for help. He understands the nuances of the industry better than most.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

IAmTheRadioWizard

Post by IAmTheRadioWizard » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Zzand - I don’t give a fuck if he’s the President of all things radio. This is America and I’m entitled to free speech. Communist Zzand kindly suck it.

As for the other comments I’ll just say this...I’ve been monitoring this board for years. The amount of shit talking that goes on here from folks that couldn’t even take a caller #10 correctly is pathetic. 99% of the members on here are just upset because they’re still on the beach due to their shitty work ethics and terrible attitude. The fact that someone could come on here and shit on someone they’ve never even met is sad. Have any of you met Finny? Too scared to say this all to his face? Don’t have the balls to approach the people you shit on in person? Exactly.

I wish Radio was how it was 100 years ago too, but move the fuck on and realize that one day you might be working for the person you’re talking down to so lock it up, put a demo together, and stop all the keyboard warrior bullshit that isn’t helping anyone.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Oh, you're a dull bulb. Hope life works out for you.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Have any of you met Finny? Too scared to say this all to his face?
Let's see...

That would be about a 500 mile round trip for me.

I have better uses for my auto lease mileage.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:12 pm

I feel kind of sorry for the guy. He's trying to live his dream and the best he can do is Market 190ish, and he still gets chucked off stations.

You have to admire the tenacity along side the ignorance.

― Noam Chomsky

IAmTheRadioWizard

Find "Waldo" Finster

Post by IAmTheRadioWizard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 am

TC - How’s your radio gig going? Still in the industry or just another Ok Boomer wishing you could pack a morning show remote bag just one more time

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 am

Oh...the moronic "Ok Boomer" tag is pulled out. I know that is supposed to be a slam, I find it sad and pathetic but to each his own.

On to the question asked. I do know him and feel bad for him. He is caught in the middle of a pissing match between what appears to be 2 owners who haven't a clue. That is not his fault and I give him credit for carrying on with the new station and not saying the hell with it all.

Be it market 190 or market 9, broadcasting can and does make an impact if it becomes a part of the community and is not just a music machine playing commercials and taking caller 8 for a pair of tickets. Sure it has changed over the years but what hasn't? Cars have changed, tv's, everything, you change or get left behind.

As far as the shit that is flung here by "has beens" and never will be's" there are many active members of the broadcast community to read and contribute to the various threads here. If indeed you have been lurking for years, then you know this. I think for your own blood pressure's sake, you shouldn't come it at all. It seems to affect you in a negative way.

As for your free speech rights on the board, not really, as if you violate the terms of use you can be tossed from the board. May want to read them and educate yourself.

TC Talks

Re: Find

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:36 am

IAmTheRadioWizard wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 am
TC - How’s your radio gig going? Still in the industry or just another Ok Boomer wishing you could pack a morning show remote bag just one more time
Last time I looked, we were exceeding expectations. Be happy to compare numbers some day.

― Noam Chomsky

IAmTheRadioWizard

Post by IAmTheRadioWizard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 am

My dream is to get blocked from here. Especially for free speech from Boomers who can’t handle the fact that they’re not in the industry anymore. Truth hurts. Get over it. None of you have the balls to say any of this to someone’s face, let alone someone who is talented enough to do mornings in a market that needs good talent.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:20 am

Sounds good, reach for the stars. Hope it works out. If the book or a consistent paycheck counts, you're winning on both fronts.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic