Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Wsym weather in house

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
sinklair

Re: Wsym weather in house

Post by sinklair » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:21 am

Fox 17 may have a culture problem. Brad definitely is a sweaty diva. Both things can be true.

deathstar

Post by deathstar » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:08 pm

Have you ever even met Brad?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:36 pm

I’m concerned how interested you are in my personal life, deathstar. Maybe just keep your observations on the topic at hand… how Fox 47 has the worst weather team — AKA Brad — in the market… despite research showing weather is the top reason for viewers to go to a local news station.

deathstar

Post by deathstar » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:38 pm

Sinklair it would appear this is your personal life…

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 am

Ok? Not sure that makes any sense. Must be your version of rubber and glue… real mature.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:15 am

Deathstar continues to tow the company line. He/she says everything is great in Scripps-land. He/she says anyone who challenges their rosey picture is misinformed.

Well, here is an alternative firsthand account of how their stations are being run, reported by FTV Live. Not saying everyone at every station is this unhappy… but don’t believe everything that Deathstar is selling you either…

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2024/ ... sounds-off

“Howdy!
I work at KNXV in Phoenix and I can tell you… finding a happy employee is like finding a needle in a haystack. Well, I’m sure there are more than I know but several producers are on the way out because “fuck this place”. Everyone (anchors, reporters, producers, production … the ones left cause they’d get rid of all production if they had a robot to direct) is being overworked. It’s not a good situation.

It’s a miserable work environment filled by the unknown as corporate keeps slashing budget. You may know this already, but multiple Scripps stations are running ScrippsCast shows daily.
It’s a YouTube playlist masquerading as a newscast. It’s horrible television and the only live element is weather so they can sell it as a live show. Um, I assure you, weather is the only live element in a scrippscast unless there is major breaking news. Scrippscast is expanding all the time… we do 11am, 3pm, and 4pm scrippscast. Coming in March the weekend mornings will be scrippscast as well.

My contract is up in (FTVLive redacted the date) and I’m hoping to leave before then… if I can find a way around the incredibly ridiculous penalties Scripps put into the contract that they then had to go around and fix because it pissed so many people off because they were being asked to pay so much if they broke their contract.

Managers are basically corporate minions who are just barking orders and telling everyone this is what we’re gonna do so deal with it. I can tell you enthusiasm level is extremely low. I’ve been there nearly 2 years now and over the last year I’ve watched the place completely crumble. They used to be fun. They used to be enjoyable. People cheered for each other now it’s just a shit storm of people who are being told to do more, and more, and more and they’re burnt the fuck out. Mental health … what? Scripps doesn’t care about your mental health. Do more!!

Have a great week! “

deathstar

Post by deathstar » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:49 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 am
Ok? Not sure that makes any sense. Must be your version of rubber and glue… real mature.
You live one here…every day a new post bashing a new station that you don’t work at….

deathstar

Post by deathstar » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:52 pm

You can choose to believe whoever you want. Nothing is ever perfect especially in a news room.

But Sinklair thinking his posts are scriptures and that he knows everything happening in every news room is delusional.

Maybe post something about your home base for once… I never see you say anything about MLive.

PS keep using your burner account to back yourself up. This “Sinklair” identity you created is a glass house everyone knows who you are.

Another old washed up journalist picking on the young talent.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:26 pm

Deathstar: I’m not looking for perfect. Mediocre would be an improvement for Fox 47.

I’ll post what I want. You obviously can do the same.

Not sure who you think I am, but keep guessing. Old? Washed up? Ouch. That cuts deep.

Not sure why you care if that’s truly how you feel. Sometimes the truth hurts and people who refuse to admit there are problems are just enablers to those keeping others down. Deep thoughts.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:28 am

I wonder how Fox47 did with the weather on Tue did they break in.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:37 pm

Sugden was on the whole warning and I think streaming too. The other stations were a little behind according to the misses streaming them

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic