Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Demotions at Fox47

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
Jack5o2soco

Re: Demotions at Fox47

Post by Jack5o2soco » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:28 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm
Gary is liked because he never says no to corporate. They want to lose anchors, Gary’s the first one to offer to slash positions. He has no new ideas, just excuses why his decisions are right and when it doesn’t result in bigger ratings or more ad dollars, then he blames others. It’s a old routine that most 47 old timers have grown weary of and newbies just say F-it and leave/break their contracts.
That's exactly what my two people there said. What a terrible environment. They told me the last two people that left were personally attacked by Gary as he took extreme offense to them quitting. He claims he'll do anything to make anyone stay.

nonewsgoodnews

Post by nonewsgoodnews » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:29 pm

It is how Scripps work. Same environment at WXYZ with Mike Murri Old boys club who are pigs. If anyone questions it, they are the ones that in the wrong. Remember all that crap that went down at WXYZ - lawsuits etc and Murri still has a job because he is the same way. Yes man to corporate and do whatever, especially pimp out newscasts as long as he keeps his corner office, his big salary and yearly bonus. Both Gary and Mike are two peas in a pod.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:21 pm

You are exactly right. Gary is selling newscasts with FOX47 news on the road or whatever he's calling it. I heard from multiple people that Gary had openly silenced employees, especially women, right in front of corporate during their visits when they would question what Scripps / Gary was doing. To be that high in management and not have a backbone or stand up for your employees is quite the act of cowardice.

TheWayItIs

Post by TheWayItIs » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am

I would challenge you to find one GM or ND in this market who stands up to corporate. They’re all terrible.

Every.

Single.

One.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:55 pm

FOX 47 still has not added its newest meteorologists to the website and is still promoting FOX17 mets as covering. Jake D has been covering for Brad for about a week. While one can assume he is on vacation, he has been posting a lot on his social media platforms like he is working from home. Did he leave? Brad has a bio on the website still. I'm wondering if everything finally came to a boiling point since he was hired as chief, but does not have that title anymore. I watched AJ Walker on the website and it is clear she has no idea what she is talking about.

New2You

Post by New2You » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am

That is because AJ Walker is not a meteorologist or a forecaster or a person with the most basic weather knowledge. She was told several people at the station that she has gone to school which, after a call to some friends at her former station CBS 62, is proven to be false. She has taken classes and failed and now that she has a weather job she has stopped any improvements all together. Not to mention her terrible journalistic choices. Staff at FOX47 discovered this and reacted with shock. https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... now-better

The moment they brought her in was the beginning of the end for the FOX47 experiment.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 pm

Spoke to my people at the station. They had nothing but good things to say about Brad and that he's on leave because of more nonsense from management. Sounds like something bad happened that they wouldn't say, just that he deserved to go on leave after "what they did to him." Additionally, they want him in Lansing full time but didn't offer any compensation for miles, news vehicle, or a compromise he offered to drive there two days per week. They wouldn't help pay for a move either. They fired him "effective july" my friend there said after Brad told them not without compensation. So, he went on leave and it sounds like he doesn't plan on going back. This would explain his recent digital presence. They also said AJ is the most absent, careless, snobby, stuck up person they have met. She refuses to do anything, learn anything, and wants everyone to tell her what to say in her broadcasts. They made a commercial boasting that she is from Lansing. I guess Gary thinks that will make up for her not being able to do weather? Then onto the final one... Jake has been working extra days to make up for staffing with Brad being gone and getting no compensation or help. Their severe weather coverage was laughable the past couple rounds. Supposedly three more people are on the way and maybe even pending more lawsuits against the station for messing with contracts. The FOX47 experiment is finally going under.

jmeltonwx

Post by jmeltonwx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm

Jack5o2soco wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 pm
Spoke to my people at the station. They had nothing but good things to say about Brad and that he's on leave because of more nonsense from management. Sounds like something bad happened that they wouldn't say, just that he deserved to go on leave after "what they did to him." Additionally, they want him in Lansing full time but didn't offer any compensation for miles, news vehicle, or a compromise he offered to drive there two days per week. They wouldn't help pay for a move either. They fired him "effective july" my friend there said after Brad told them not without compensation. So, he went on leave and it sounds like he doesn't plan on going back. This would explain his recent digital presence. They also said AJ is the most absent, careless, snobby, stuck up person they have met. She refuses to do anything, learn anything, and wants everyone to tell her what to say in her broadcasts. They made a commercial boasting that she is from Lansing. I guess Gary thinks that will make up for her not being able to do weather? Then onto the final one... Jake has been working extra days to make up for staffing with Brad being gone and getting no compensation or help. Their severe weather coverage was laughable the past couple rounds. Supposedly three more people are on the way and maybe even pending more lawsuits against the station for messing with contracts. The FOX47 experiment is finally going under.
Last one out turn out the lights.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:29 pm

New2You wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am
The moment they brought her in was the beginning of the end for the FOX47 experiment.
The moment they started the newscast was the beginning of the end. You act like there was a moment in time when it wasn't a complete shit newscast featuring flunkies from MSU who got passed over by other stations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic