Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lip Synching the News

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
sinklair

Lip Synching the News

Post by sinklair » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:05 am

Nothing says journalistic integrity more than lip synching videos on TikTok:
https://fb.watch/lwSxZ0CDYx/?mibextid=3ug5aj

When will we see Sheri Jones do the next viral dance video… or David Young attempt a food eating challenge? Edward R Murrow here comes Kendall, Nate and McCoy! Jam and Marci must be very proud…

Sholmes

Re: Lip Synching the News

Post by Sholmes » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:20 pm

The only thing I can say is what has happened to the once great proud WLNS? How much do on air personalities degrade themselves on social media. A Journalist would not resort to this garbage, thus why I called them on air staff

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:18 am

It seems like the weekend crew at WLNS has an awful lot of free time not reporting the news:
https://fb.watch/lytmWTLiWZ/?mibextid=hqkmtp

Using company time/resources doing these “look at me” videos must be the new standard set by GM Marci and News Director Jam?

Ed Klee

Post by Ed Klee » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:34 pm

I found it funny, people need to lighten up,
I am ordinary American!

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:46 pm

Ed Klee wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:34 pm
I found it funny, people need to lighten up,
Right, I didn't find it to be a big deal. They were just having fun.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:18 pm

It’s not funny. It’s embarrassing for so-called professional journalists. When they are stuck in small Market TV for their entire careers, let these videos be exhibit one for why their three careers never materialized. Stop doing dance and lip synch videos and start focusing on real journalism.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:37 pm

Dance videos and lip-synching by the journalist also happen in the bigger cities and stations O&O's as well not a small market thing either. Caroline Collins is known for dancing videos on her social media worked for KSEE a Nexstar TV station in Cal and now works at the Fox O&O in Houston TX always gets called out a lot on FTVLive.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:56 pm

Maybe I'm getting old, but why does every new WLNS reporter look like they are doing a high school senior year internship? I get Lansing TV is a breeding ground for recent college hires, but most of them don't look or act over 19.

I agree with the sentiment that WLNS is a joke nowadays. A weird combination of these tools paired with Tim Skubik and Sherri Jones.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic