Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJIM-FM Local Air Talent?

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
EdWalker

WJIM-FM Local Air Talent?

Post by EdWalker » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:05 am

It appears that the last of WJIM-FM's local talent, McConnell Adams has left the building for a job in Mississippi. This lead me to wonder who is actually on the air at 97.5?

According to this webpage, https://975now.com/djs/ "At Townsquare Media Lansing, we do our best to support our local community in the most impactful ways possible. All of the content creators you see below live, work and play in the same places as you and your families -- and we know that what happens right here matters to you most."

I looked at the list of the "content creators" listed below that statement and it appears that not one of them is in Lansing. Not one. I see New Jersey, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Illinois and Colorado as the home markets for these local "content creators."

Theater of the mind? I don't think so.

Willie108

Re: WJIM-FM Local Air Talent?

Post by Willie108 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:36 pm

It's Townsquare...they've ruined every cluster they own.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:11 pm

I heard what sounded like a national DJ on WKFR shortly after 10a this past Sunday. It wasn't a weekly countdown show, just regular music programming.

Hopefully 97.5 stays local in mornings. Piping in a show from GR has worked poorly for sister station WMMQ.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:50 pm

There are only two jocks listed on the site for midday and evening. I would guess they're out-of-market. No air talent listed for morning and afternoon drive. Just says "97.5 NOW FM Staff". The staff link lands on a station promotion page. No names mentioned.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic