Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New WLNS GM

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
sinklair

New WLNS GM

Post by sinklair » Mon May 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Nexstar names it’s new GM for WLNS — the station’s first woman to hold the position:
https://www.nexstar.tv/marci-daniels-vi ... igan-2020/

sinklair

Re: New WLNS GM

Post by sinklair » Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 am

How long before Daniels starts clearing house and puts in her own management team at the Old Country House? Who’s the first to jump ship... or be shoved from it?

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:16 pm

I understand that you don’t like your job and can’t stand your management, but do you honestly feel that because your life sucks everyone in the business feels the same way?
Stay in your lane pal.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 20, 2020 3:03 am

My lane? This is a broadcasting Buzzboard. I’m commenting on a new General Manager for one of the local TV stations and the potential impact on staffing for a station that has lost major talent to WILX and fails to win the rating race? How is that out of line with the purpose of thus website, pal? And since you obviously don’t know me, stop pretending you know that “my life sucks.” It doesn’t. I worked in Lansing, have many friends who are genuinely concerned about the changes that may soon come to TV6. If you have nothing to contribute other than personal attacks, I’d suggest you find another hobby, pal.

EdWalker

Post by EdWalker » Wed May 20, 2020 10:45 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:03 am
My lane? This is a broadcasting Buzzboard. I’m commenting on a new General Manager for one of the local TV stations and the potential impact on staffing for a station that has lost major talent to WILX and fails to win the rating race? How is that out of line with the purpose of thus website, pal? And since you obviously don’t know me, stop pretending you know that “my life sucks.” It doesn’t. I worked in Lansing, have many friends who are genuinely concerned about the changes that may soon come to TV6. If you have nothing to contribute other than personal attacks, I’d suggest you find another hobby, pal.
Last ratings I saw, not so long ago, showed WLNS far and ahead of WILX in the news race. Last major loss of talent to WILX was Ann Emmerich at least 7 or 8 years ago. Any defections since then have been no big loss for WLNS.

The previous GM at WLNS didn't change much when he came on board as he saw that it was working. I'm sure he has passed the word on to the newcomer. But I'll give you this much: in broadcasting, anything is possible.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes, stay in your lane.
You obviously know nothing about the Lansing market, and are just trying to draw out others with crap attitudes.
I feel sorry that you have a 1,000 foot view of things, when most have at least a 10,000 foot view.
Perhaps you should put all this time and energy into improving yourself?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu May 21, 2020 12:01 am

Thanks HD for “educating” me... instead of actually staying on topic and addressing the issue.

As for my credentials, I used to work in Landing not so long ago and have friends currently working at 10 and 6. S as I I have a pretty good understanding of what’s happening there.

One thing is clear: you don’t know me. And you should probably stick to things you have actual knowledge of.

If you disagree that the new GM is coming in to make changes, lay out your facts. But after meeting with staffers this week, there’s concern that Nexstar may put in some new managers. I doubt it’ll happen imminently, they”ll give Daniels some time to assess the situation, but most GMs like to put in their own management teams.

I think Daniels will also be around a lot longer than Scot Chastain who was clearly only in Lansing to get some experience running a small market TV station before moving up in market size. That may explain why Scot didn’t make many changes, while Daniels likely will.

No doubt that the two either have talked or soon will compare notes.

And as for my so-called “attitude”, nothing but love here, buddy.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Tue May 26, 2020 12:50 pm

Lets just see what happens..should be interesting !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic