All accepted registrations through April 13 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Fm translators

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
otrfan

Fm translators

Post by otrfan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Does anyone know when and if FM translators for Lansing AM stations such as WVFN WXLA WJIM will be going on air? I know all of these made apps for FM freqs. I thought they were approved. I could be wrong.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

fairbankshockeypuck

Re: Fm translators

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:37 am

Any word on the WVFN and other translators in Lansing???

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:29 pm

They’re working on a rebuild at KAAY, so they’re spending money. They just finished the WJRW build out.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

fairbankshockeypuck

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Jut seems Lansing moves a bit slow...107-7 on in Midland(picked it up with Sangean portable radio in Hemlock when visiting earlier in spring)..Detroit and Grand Rapids with a lot of translator action...good or bad....our two FM's translators here in Alaska came on quickly...Lansing behind the times...but WFMK rolls on

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:37 pm

WJRW is owned by Cumulus.

WVFN is owned by Townsquare.

Wayne County Magistrate Vesta Svenson needs to be criminally prosecuted for misconduct on the bench!!!

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:00 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:37 pm
WJRW is owned by Cumulus.

WVFN is owned by Townsquare.
It's had to keep track of all the changes. Some of those translator applications go that far back, to when they were coowned.

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

fairbankshockeypuck

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:29 am

Remember listening at WVIC 730 as a kid....had a nice top 40 format and a great daytime signal

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:45 am

fairbankshockeypuck wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:29 am
Remember listening at WVIC 730 as a kid....had a nice top 40 format and a great daytime signal
In the History Card for WVIC...WVFN, it shows that WGN objected to the application for 730. Not may details, so I don’t know how it was resolved. WITL 1010 was close to WCFL...WMVP overlap also. But the higher frequency allowed WITL to send their signal West, and next to nothing to the East.

fairbankshockeypuck

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am

Lansing g area AM's pretty useless at night...10-15 miles north and the were gone in my hey day...WVFN goes like six city blocks with their really reduced power...1240 not much better and 1320 seem to be the best of the three...

Detroit Tigers lucky to have the FM out of Alma/St Louis broadcasting their games....

WSGW on a side seems to have a better signal west towards Hemlock these days...still sis listens to Alma St Louis for better quality

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic