Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dustin Bonk Leaving WILX/WSYM

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
gotigers

Dustin Bonk Leaving WILX/WSYM

Post by gotigers » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:03 pm

After five years at WSYM/WILX meteorologist Dustin Bonk is leaving Lansing. He's moving on to Portland, Maine. I've liked him since he started on weekends at WILX before moving to weeknights on FOX a few years ago. His chemistry with Sarah Swistak is great. For how good he is, I'm kind of surprised he's been in Lansing as long as he has. Our new ones usually leave after just a couple years.

Now in Kalamazoo, I usually watch WWMT, and their new meteorologist (Will Haenni) reminds me a lot of Dustin Bonk. I've actually caught myself listening to the news without looking and thinking it was Dustin. Interestingly, they both graduated from Valparaiso.

wsummers

Re: Dustin Bonk Leaving WILX/WSYM

Post by wsummers » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Brett Collar will be taking his place according to his Twitter feed.

Calvert DeForest

Re: Dustin Bonk Leaving WILX/WSYM

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:44 am

I've always enjoyed watching Dustin. He has an easygoing style and enthusiastic presence, and you can tell he loves his work. Wish him all the best in this new adventure.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic