Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Two Anchors Out at WLNS

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
gotigers

Two Anchors Out at WLNS

Post by gotigers » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Two WLNS anchors are out. Bonney Bowman and Alexandra Ilitch are both out and from the sounds of it, WLNS might be doing some questionable things. Bonney's Facebook posts definitely make it seem like it wasn't her choice and Alexandra seems to have some ethical issues with continuing there.

From LSJ: https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/sto ... 385982002/

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Two Anchors Out at WLNS

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:12 am

Ms. Ilitch's reporting of the Nassar case has received accolades from competitors and even some folks in bigger markets have taken notice.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:51 pm

What's up with this place? First a culture of sexual harassment is exposed, and now this? Now all they have to do is switch back to WJIM and it'll be 1972 all over again.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:08 am

There are a lot of interesting stories I've heard about goings-on at WJIM-TV in the Gross Telecasting days. Perhaps one of the most interesting regarded the practice of double-billing. This was in the days when networks compensated affiliates for airing net spots. WJIM would sell network avails to local clients and cover the CBS spots with the local spots they sold. They would then submit an affidavit to CBS certifying that channel 6 aired the net spots so they could receive payment from the network, while at the same time billing local clients for the spots that actually aired. The story I heard from a late friend who worked for WJIM in the day is that CBS was eventually tipped off to the practice. The network asked WJBK to run an aircheck of WJIM and send it to New York for evaluation. Once CBS had proof of their breaks being covered they suspended compensation payments to channel 6 for a time (not sure how long but my friend said it was a good while).

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

GREATLAKESVET

Post by GREATLAKESVET » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Graham Wellingham asked: "What's up with this place?"
I can sum it up in three words: NEXSTAR MEDIA GROUP. Perry Sook and company follow a pattern that, unfortunately, has become all too common in the industry. They have stars in their eyes about becoming media moguls. They buy up or merge with companies to add to their station holdings and cut veteran staff, slash salaries for those they keep and expect them to do more and more and more with less and less and less. I know. I worked for them. Unfortunately, there's more to come. The big losers are the viewers. And they'll probably act astounded when the ratings tank, sales go down and their efforts at "austerity" just don't pay off.

Great Lakes Vet

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic