Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Former TV5er Blasts Media

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Former TV5er Blasts Media

Post by sinklair » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:27 pm

From a former TV5 competitor who nails the state of local media…

“There used to be a pride and fierce competition to be the First to bring any Important Issue or Happening to the public’s attention…..
Now it only the almighty dollar!………

Local news papers were the “Watch Dogs “ for city’s and villages…..
To hold those in power accountable for their actions…..

Then later radio and tv were given the Airwaves free to use with the promise of keeping the population “informed” and entertained …….

That’s ALL GONE!…..

Now we have webcasts and blogs that attempt to push out “Facts” to the voters and non-voters…. Most of these “social media people “ have little or no training in “Balanced Journalism “…..

The professional media outlets have lost or let
Go many of the seasoned
journalists because of “COST”…. Quality cost them money they couldn’t shove in their pockets or give to the stockholders….
Journalism Schools are turning out a lesser educated group of cheaper newbies that are taking over the industry….. Management is merging field duties to save in staff slots…. “Do More With Less”…. But they never cut management slots….. so most outfits are Too Heavy….

In the past few months, I have not seen much quality breaking news coverage…

We had a 30 car pile up on I -75 and there was very little video until much later in the day….. sad….

Breaking news is now covered by an anchor reading what few facts they can jam into 10-15 seconds along wit Video or still pics sent in by “a viewer”….. no pictures from a staff professional videographer or photographer……

All this is doing is watering down the quality of the information YOU are getting and using to attempt to make decisions that will affect your life….will help to form your opinions on how and who to vote for……

The general populace seem to neither observe this or care to do anything about it…. Rather they go to Web sites for news reports from originators that have no clue of for qualifications…..

I’m done…… I’ll step down from my FB soap box to simply say, that this is truly a sad state of affairs and that I took great pride in having sources, channels and the ability to keep abreast of local happenings and to be able to react to cover them or to pass on to my coworkers at the time so they could and would cover them ……..
For YOU…..

Be well…. Stay alert and informed and God bless you and our great nation and democracy…..“

moldyoldie

Re: Former TV5er Blasts Media

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:45 am

Is there a name attached to this diatribe so I might read any reactions on FB?
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:02 am

More Fox News garbage

AuburnViewer

Post by AuburnViewer » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:13 pm

I've noticed that TV5 doesn't even send a reporter to Lansing anymore. They just rely on reports from a local Lansing station instead.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:34 pm

TV5 doesn’t care about sports. They will look to do news as cheaply as possible. They are winning ratings. Why change? Why try? It’s the Jayne and Ken way of doing things. You might not like it… they just don’t care.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:47 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:34 pm
TV5 doesn’t care about sports. They will look to do news as cheaply as possible. They are winning ratings. Why change? Why try? It’s the Jayne and Ken way of doing things. You might not like it… they just don’t care.
Try answering moldyoldie's question.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 pm

Matt: let me remind you, I don’t answer to you. Shouldn’t be too hard to find the info you seek on Facebook for an ace investigative reporter like yourself (ROFLOL)

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:16 am

Back on February 16, 2004 20 years ago, they showed clips from WNEM classic TV 5 moments during the 50th Anniversary!! I still have that on VHS tape (with the late Sam Merrill). I only missed the March or April 1987 segment (with former WNEM anchor Lorna Barrett & the movie "Three Men And A Baby") which was # 1 at the Box Office & the rest of the Top 5 movies of that week & that was missing from my VHS tape that was shown on WNEM 5 News At Noon also in 2004. Last Friday, WNEM did really bad showing only a few clips from the past. What a joke!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:12 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 pm
Matt: let me remind you, I don’t answer to you. Shouldn’t be too hard to find the info you seek on Facebook for an ace investigative reporter like yourself (ROFLOL)
It was a simple request to source your post. As usual, when you are wrong, you never admit it. You're pathetic.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:21 pm

Are you insinuating that a former TV5er didn’t write said post? Maybe do your research, buddy, first.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:35 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:21 pm
Are you insinuating that a former TV5er didn’t write said post? Maybe do your research, buddy, first.
You are a really dumb motherfucker. YOU posted this without attributing the source. Moldyoldie asked you nicely to provide the source and you have refused.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:06 am

In between your insulting my intelligence, using inappropriate curse words that should get you banned on the Buzzboard, your unwillingness to do even a basic search on a public social media platform, and your failure to understand that you ain’t my mama and I don’t report to you…. you also forgot to say “please”. Basic manners, dude. My kid acts more mature than you.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:42 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:06 am
In between your insulting my intelligence, using inappropriate curse words that should get you banned on the Buzzboard, your unwillingness to do even a basic search on a public social media platform, and your failure to understand that you ain’t my mama and I don’t report to you…. you also forgot to say “please”. Basic manners, dude. My kid acts more mature than you.
So you're leaning into unsourced plagiarism?

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:19 am

Here's a "Please" for the source citation, I now ask that you each return to your corners so the Ring Girl can circle with her "Round 8" card.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:41 pm

It’s his own thoughts. No plagiarism involved. Next.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic