Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Changes Coming at WNEM?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Matt

Re: Big Changes Coming at WNEM?

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:28 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:01 pm
Pot calling the kettle black, Matt and Jack? You’re posting on the same Buzzboard that you criticize me for commenting on. You must have a lack of life too.

NiceGuy: your recollection of the departure is different than mine. You don’t give someone three weeks for insubordination. I’m no Veto fan. But Jayne was let go for other reasons than what was spun to the staff when she was walked out the door.
You're doubling down on being wrong, and that is pathetic.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:49 am

Matt: you’re doubling down on not providing any information on this topic. All you choose to do is attack me personally. That is pathetic.

The fact is there are two narratives surrounding Jayne’s firing/resignation at WJRT. One t try hat is being put out by her that tries to make her look better… and one (that I frankly believe) that reflects the much more complex reality of her tenure at WJRT.

Does Jayne have some supporters? Absolutely. She played favorites all the time. ABC 12 became toxic after she took over from Jim Bleicher. You saw many people decide to leave because of her abrasive management style. She got into needless fights with GM Pete Veto and other department heads. Jayne got Jayne fired. It is that simple.

About a year later, she makes a jump to WNEM where her reign of terror continues. She’s under some sort of HR investigation due to staff complaints. She hasn’t changed. She hasn’t brought any new ideas to the table to improve TV5. She’s just benefiting because WJRT and WEYI are run even worse.

I’m sure Jayne’s besties will continue to attack me. That’s fine. It doesn’t change what I know to be true. And history will likely repeat itself with Jayne being fired from WNEM somewhere down the road because she has ZERO people skills in or out of the building.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:11 am

Calling you out on wrong information doesn't make anyone "besties" with her. You're wrong a lot.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 am

And you replying without any facts to support your narrative doesn’t make you the end all, be all, final word on this or any topic. If you disagree with me — say so, move on, and go root on the Detroit Lions.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:59 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 am
And you replying without any facts to support your narrative doesn’t make you the end all, be all, final word on this or any topic. If you disagree with me — say so, move on, and go root on the Detroit Lions.
Tripling down on being wrong, what a fucking shock...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

nonewsgoodnews

Post by nonewsgoodnews » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:53 pm

As someone who worked with Gray HR-- both of the accounts are accurate. Jayne and Pete did not get along -- he wanted her gone. Gray also did not think she had done much to improve the station. Jayne was a tyrant but she was able to blame Pete for a lot of it to save herself. The digital platforms were extremely weak. She did not have the capabilities to take the station into the next generation. She was terminated. It was agreed upon by all on how it would happen so it would not look bad on the station hence the going away party. She applied to WILX as well before Mike Schram took over and she didn't get that job. When Jayne went to WNEM and then Gray bought it a time later--- it was a big discussion with what to do but because she still claimed it was Pete's fault, they gave her the chance to prove herself. I think that is why she is still under the microscope. She has her favorites but the majority of any newsroom that has worked with her knows she is toxic. She still works a newsroom like she did twenty years ago.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:16 pm

nonewsgoodnews wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:53 pm
As someone who worked with Gray HR-- both of the accounts are accurate. Jayne and Pete did not get along -- he wanted her gone. Gray also did not think she had done much to improve the station. Jayne was a tyrant but she was able to blame Pete for a lot of it to save herself. The digital platforms were extremely weak. She did not have the capabilities to take the station into the next generation. She was terminated. It was agreed upon by all on how it would happen so it would not look bad on the station hence the going away party. She applied to WILX as well before Mike Schram took over and she didn't get that job. When Jayne went to WNEM and then Gray bought it a time later--- it was a big discussion with what to do but because she still claimed it was Pete's fault, they gave her the chance to prove herself. I think that is why she is still under the microscope. She has her favorites but the majority of any newsroom that has worked with her knows she is toxic. She still works a newsroom like she did twenty years ago.
Are you the HR rep that sat there and ignored all the people's complaints about both of them? And Denise? 30+ folks leaving? Thanks for the insight, but you ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you're Joy that is.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:33 am

Nonews is spot on. Jayne is protected by Ken right now. But maybe not for much longer.

Jayne’s act is becoming tiresome. She makes enemies both in and out of the station when it’s not needed.

Jayne right now benefits from WNEM’s legacy broadcast ratings and two extremely weak competitors. But she is focused only on broadcast. She doesn’t understand how to reposition her journalism for a digital audience. She has a streaming channel that is underutilized/ignored.

How bad is she disliked by Gray corporate? They passed her over for the former news director at Sinclair’s WEYI-WSMH. That should tell you everything you need to know!

Her time is limited at WNEM. Jayne knows it. The newsroom knows it. Most of TV5’s newsroom is just trying to stay out of the firing range until Jayne self implodes again.

m60

Post by m60 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:56 am

It's still state-run media no matter what happens.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:18 am

M60: put back on your tin foil hat

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Flint / Saginaw and the people that need a voice deserve better than all three of the station's they got.

FormerNews5Dude

Post by FormerNews5Dude » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:56 pm

m60 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:56 am
Says the person who's never stepped foot in a newsroom.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:43 am

I’m sure Jayne appreciates you broadcasting to her new station that she continues regular communication with her colleagues at “the competition.”

Not sure why you are singling me out when there are several others who have also said Jayne is not a good person, plays favorites, and was let go (not of her own decision).

She’s now apparently under investigation by Gray again for her less than acceptable management style.

I’m not saying Jayne doesn’t have her supporters. I’m clearly not one of them. But it also doesn’t mean that what I and others have said about Jayne’s firing from WJRT isn’t accurate because it doesn’t fit your revisionist version of history.

And as the old saying goes: if Jayne doesn’t learn from history, she’s bound to repeat it by being fired from yet another Flint-Saginaw TV station. Too bad that WEYI doesn’t have a local news director opening and she could do the local TV trifecta.

m60

Post by m60 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:04 pm

FormerNews5Dude wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:56 pm
m60 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:56 am
Says the person who's never stepped foot in a newsroom.
You sure about that?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic