Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Changes Coming at WNEM?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Lockjaw

Big Changes Coming at WNEM?

Post by Lockjaw » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:58 pm

Rumors are swirling that Gray's corporate HR has begun an investigation into GM Ken and News Director Jayne for workplace bullying. This comes after a slew of resignations from 5's creative services department, which culminated in the resignation of WNEM's Creative Services Director late last week. This has created a lot of unrest amongst the ranks of 5, given the CSD was very popular amongst his co-workers. If Gray drops the hammer, where will they turn next for the leadership of the nickle?

sinklair

Re: Big Changes Coming at WNEM?

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:16 am

Bullying by Ken and Jayne? You only need to
Spend 5 minutes with them to know they rule by intimidation. It won’t take HR long to conduct this investigation. Gray already fired Hodak once.

As for who will step up next? They will probably just promote Pat Wilson. He’s been in the market forever. WNEM is number one in the market. There’s no real competition from WJRT or WEYI-WSMH. All you need is someone not to screw it up.

The GM will likely be another Gray GM or Sales Director. They will promote from within if Ken is let go.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:10 am

Gray isn't going to bring back former ND Karin I thought she was well liked at WNEM before she left for KC and try fix the mess at KCTV which is still a mess why hasn't Gray fix that station?
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:20 am

Who knows? Maybe the same reason why you refuse to use punctuation.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:45 pm

jayne quit because of pete veto being an unhinged psychopath. Gray did not fire her.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:24 pm

Veto is an unhinged psychopath. Jayne was fired. Both sentences can be (and are) true.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:15 pm

Why would they throw her going away party that multiple workers posted on Facebook if they fired her? You need new sources.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:29 pm

My sources are just fine. Yours need double checking. Gray definitely did not pay for a going away party for an employee it fired. It might have been a private gathering with Jayne and a few employees who sucked up to her.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:19 pm

My source higher up that would know says you're mistaken. Was definitely paid for. They said she left because she didn't want to implement Pete Veto's awful and unfair reprimands and plans for the station.

MrNiceGuy

Post by MrNiceGuy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:32 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:29 pm
My sources are just fine. Yours need double checking. Gray definitely did not pay for a going away party for an employee it fired. It might have been a private gathering with Jayne and a few employees who sucked up to her.
I was personally at Jayne's going away party. It most definitely was paid for by the station and included everyone at the station -- news, sales, promotions/graphics, production, management. It was a nice gathering and a fond farewell for us all, who definitely appreciated Jayne's steady leadership.

As for why she left, take a look at what happened in the months and years that followed. What was expected of her is not the person she is, so she left with her reputation intact. She was not fired. She gave three weeks notice before her last day. How many employers terminate someone and then let them linger for three weeks? If you want to see what happens when Gray fires a news director, look at Denise Killian's ouster in Wichita. It's swift and decisive. They take the keys, shut off email, disable user accounts, take the company equipment back and lock the office. Jayne's farewell was drawn out and well managed.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:58 am

MrNiceGuy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:32 pm
sinklair wrote:
I was personally at Jayne's going away party. It most definitely was paid for by the station and included everyone at the station -- news, sales, promotions/graphics, production, management. It was a nice gathering and a fond farewell for us all, who definitely appreciated Jayne's steady leadership.

As for why she left, take a look at what happened in the months and years that followed. What was expected of her is not the person she is, so she left with her reputation intact. She was not fired. She gave three weeks notice before her last day. How many employers terminate someone and then let them linger for three weeks? If you want to see what happens when Gray fires a news director, look at Denise Killian's ouster in Wichita. It's swift and decisive. They take the keys, shut off email, disable user accounts, take the company equipment back and lock the office. Jayne's farewell was drawn out and well managed.
Thanks for confirming this Sinklair person is full of it. They run their mouth constantly and clearly have no life outside of this site.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:13 pm

Jack5o2soco wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:58 am
MrNiceGuy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:32 pm
sinklair wrote:

Thanks for confirming this Sinklair person is full of it. They run their mouth constantly and clearly have no life outside of this site.
💯
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:01 pm

Pot calling the kettle black, Matt and Jack? You’re posting on the same Buzzboard that you criticize me for commenting on. You must have a lack of life too.

NiceGuy: your recollection of the departure is different than mine. You don’t give someone three weeks for insubordination. I’m no Veto fan. But Jayne was let go for other reasons than what was spun to the staff when she was walked out the door.

MrNiceGuy

Post by MrNiceGuy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:32 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:01 pm
Pot calling the kettle black, Matt and Jack? You’re posting on the same Buzzboard that you criticize me for commenting on. You must have a lack of life too.

NiceGuy: your recollection of the departure is different than mine. You don’t give someone three weeks for insubordination. I’m no Veto fan. But Jayne was let go for other reasons than what was spun to the staff when she was walked out the door.
Here are the simple facts of what actually happened. Again, I witnessed this all firsthand in the office and my memory of this is quite clear. Veto called a meeting in July -- the ones where he passes out service awards, tries to be funny and talks a little shop. At the end of that meeting, he announced out of the blue that Jayne would be departing as news director three weeks from that date. There were some gasps among those in attendance, as nobody saw it coming. He made some half-hearted comments complimenting her work, which sounded genuine. But you know Veto could win an Oscar for sounding genuine. Jayne then talked for a couple minutes about everything we accomplished and her career starting out as a junior producer before moving up the food chain. The meeting then broke out and we all went back to work.

Over the next few weeks, Jayne had her door closed more than previously while meeting with other managers and key contributors in the newsroom. I assume she was handing off things and sharing final thoughts with them on various projects. I had a final meeting with her during the third week, in which we talked about the progress I made and she gave me some advice for continuing on. I appreciated that. Jayne was still part of daily content meetings and steering the ship, but she reduced her role bit by bit as her end date drew closer.

On her last day, (again, three weeks after this was announced) she had a lot of people from all over the building come in and out of her office. Most of it had been cleaned out by then, except for a couple boxes. We had cake and ice cream in the newsroom. Jayne made a final speech standing by the producer pod. Some tears were shed by her and others. About an hour later, she went around the newsroom said her final goodbyes one by one. She went back into her office for the final time. Pat carried a box and she carried a box. They left out the newsroom door into the parking lot. Veto and Joy were not in the newsroom when she left. Pat came back in a few minutes later and we all kept working.

This is a firsthand account of what actually happened. I didn't hear this from anyone, I lived it personally. I can't be any more clear. Jayne was not fired. She was not walked out the door by her supervisor. She left on her terms. Period.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:55 pm

MrNiceGuy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:32 pm
sinklair wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:01 pm

Here are the simple facts of what actually happened. Again, I witnessed this all firsthand in the office and my memory of this is quite clear. Veto called a meeting in July -- the ones where he passes out service awards, tries to be funny and talks a little shop. At the end of that meeting, he announced out of the blue that Jayne would be departing as news director three weeks from that date. There were some gasps among those in attendance, as nobody saw it coming. He made some half-hearted comments complimenting her work, which sounded genuine. But you know Veto could win an Oscar for sounding genuine. Jayne then talked for a couple minutes about everything we accomplished and her career starting out as a junior producer before moving up the food chain. The meeting then broke out and we all went back to work.

Over the next few weeks, Jayne had her door closed more than previously while meeting with other managers and key contributors in the newsroom. I assume she was handing off things and sharing final thoughts with them on various projects. I had a final meeting with her during the third week, in which we talked about the progress I made and she gave me some advice for continuing on. I appreciated that. Jayne was still part of daily content meetings and steering the ship, but she reduced her role bit by bit as her end date drew closer.

On her last day, (again, three weeks after this was announced) she had a lot of people from all over the building come in and out of her office. Most of it had been cleaned out by then, except for a couple boxes. We had cake and ice cream in the newsroom. Jayne made a final speech standing by the producer pod. Some tears were shed by her and others. About an hour later, she went around the newsroom said her final goodbyes one by one. She went back into her office for the final time. Pat carried a box and she carried a box. They left out the newsroom door into the parking lot. Veto and Joy were not in the newsroom when she left. Pat came back in a few minutes later and we all kept working.

This is a firsthand account of what actually happened. I didn't hear this from anyone, I lived it personally. I can't be any more clear. Jayne was not fired. She was not walked out the door by her supervisor. She left on her terms. Period.
My source also highlighted the big luncheon held with catered food. Sinklair, why double down when you know you're wrong? Are feelings that strong from your departure from broadcast still? People were doubling down on the fact the Titanic couldn't sink, too. We all know how that ended up. Jayne was a great leader who left on her own terms. As did everyone else we watched on that station after her. My contact says they even keep in regular contact with her. She's respected. Accept it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic