Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Disastrous Debate

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Disastrous Debate

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:18 pm

I tuned in to CW46, hoping to find a new approach to the GOP Presidential Primary. However it was an embarrassment. NewsNation — owned by conservative leaning Nexstar Media — put on the debate. They brought on Megyn Kelly, fired from Fox News, and former ABC anchor Elizabeth Vargas to moderate. But instead they took turns with extremely biased questions and allowed the debate to turn into a shouting match especially with the unhinged Vivek going after everyone. Any hopes of NewsNation actually providing a useful forum to help narrow the field with an informative discussion of issues went out the door within 5 minutes. And it drew only a fraction of the audience.

MasterB

Re: Disastrous Debate

Post by MasterB » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:58 pm

I haven't watched any of the debates not into them since it's all rehashing talking points and yelling same goes for the Presidential Debates as well. I'd rather watch paint dry than the debates Donald Trump is a coward for not doing the debates he's scared that he'd lose. I'm dreading the rematch anyone but Trump or Biden there tards and both are the worse Presidents of all time divider in chiefs. I'm voting 3RD party once again like I did in 2020 it's not a wasted vote either never voting for the 2 evils ever again.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:48 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:18 pm
I tuned in to CW46, hoping to find a new approach to the GOP Presidential Primary. However it was an embarrassment. NewsNation — owned by conservative leaning Nexstar Media — put on the debate. They brought on Megyn Kelly, fired from Fox News, and former ABC anchor Elizabeth Vargas to moderate. But instead they took turns with extremely biased questions and allowed the debate to turn into a shouting match especially with the unhinged Vivek going after everyone. Any hopes of NewsNation actually providing a useful forum to help narrow the field with an informative discussion of issues went out the door within 5 minutes. And it drew only a fraction of the audience.
As someone that has watched all of the debates your criticisms are very misplaced. The hosts did a fairly good job with the candidates.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:23 am

You know your political party sucks, when you air your party’s Presidential Candidate Debate on The CW Network.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:53 am

It was on News Nation and the CW. Trying to reach a new audience is never a wrong thing to do.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:39 am

I didn't care for Megyn's opening spiel at all. It was rude.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the debate. It was both entertaining and informative.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:42 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:48 am
sinklair wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:18 pm
As someone that has watched all of the debates your criticisms are very misplaced. The hosts did a fairly good job with the candidates.
He doesn't care about the debate. He's just using it as a way to tee off in his former employer that finally showed him the door.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:19 am

That I get to criticize Megyn Kelly, the CW Network, and Sinclair for airing such a poorly produced debate is happenstance. But ratings don’t lie. It was a bad debate.

Herm

Post by Herm » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:18 am

When Chris Christie is the most rational person in the debate, you know there is a problem.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:24 am

Amen, Herm. Preach.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic