Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tri City radio ratings

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Realist

Tri City radio ratings

Post by Realist » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:28 pm

https://radioinsight.com/ratings/saginaw/

Thoughts -

Surprised that the top rated station, WIOG, is still losing ratings overall versus 2 years ago

Has Cumulus ever realized that dropping Classic Hits on WHNN and flipping to AC was a H U G E mistake ratings wise? They had nearly triple the ratings then versus now

The Core is slowly gaining some ratings and it appears it’s coming from Z93

Wish MacDonald Broadcasting subscribed.

Truly wondering what the money demos of M24-54 are, as this is just 12+

Mike

Re: Tri City radio ratings

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:11 pm

I'd say it's coming at Wheelz's expense, they downtrended again whereas Z93 actually ticked back up a bit.

And to be fair, there's not that much "gaining" overall versus two years ago: (This is more of a response to WIOG being "down overall", rather than to WHNN.)

Moose is up half a point (but down 0.1 this book).
WHNN is up all of 0.2 (was almost a full point UNTIL this book).
Delta Public Radio (lol) has the biggest gain of all stations whose format remained constant over the two years (up nearly a full point...to 2.1).

Core is now double what they were as Mix two years ago - now let's see if they keep making it stick.

And...that's all she wrote.

fairbankshockeypuck

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:52 pm

Would it be a guess..who's got more country listenership...KCQ or the Moose???? WUPS is on my dial out here in Hemlock...would numbers be confusing with WSGW FM vs AM??? not a WHNN fan....or the Bay 104.1...97.7 either...wished 100.9(ESPN)had more power...I get a lot of cut outs even in good vehicle radio and even 100.7 WITL interference at times....

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:30 pm

KCQ didn't sound as good as usual last time I listened. That station has taken a step backwards, in my opinion. I suspect WCEN is winning the country battle.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:13 am

Flint's numbers are out too, and there are two things that jump out at me:

95.1's 2.0 in the fall was a bit of an anomaly as they're right back up to a 3.7

Club 93.7 is tanking, and it appears that they're bleeding listeners to out-of-market WKQI who managed what is probably their highest Flint rating ever? 2.0 for Channel 955 and a 2.2 for Club.

KProfitt

Post by KProfitt » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:19 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:30 pm
KCQ didn't sound as good as usual last time I listened. That station has taken a step backwards, in my opinion. I suspect WCEN is winning the country battle.
The vibe has completely changed in that building these days. When I was there the past two times (first Barb Sheltraw's retirement and more recently Jim Kramer's) I didn't see any passion to pursue meaningful content and the result is a dull and passion-less product. There is no one there to coach solid radio skills or to push them to get better.

Kramer and Barb each had deep contacts in the community and used those on the air to create unique content that our listeners wouldn't get anywhere else. Having spent years and years being invited to broadcast during CMA Awards week (the smallest market station to ever do so... and to do so repeatedly) they established long lasting relationships with both the country performers and their management. Those contacts paid off on the air later in innumerable ways. All of that has been lost and nobody left appears to have even a glimmer of ambition to achieve something similar. I find it very sad and I'm glad I got out when there was still some expectation of excellence.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic