Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blowing up corporate media ownership

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Blowing up corporate media ownership

Post by sinklair » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:06 am

Former 25-66 “news” anchor/wannabe influencer Dave Bondy goes on a little known former radio shock jock Justin Barclay’s Rumble podcast to throw his former station under the bus.

https://rumble.com/v2w41vw-former-tv-an ... M2dIiU3s5Y

Talk about being unemployable at Sinclair ever again! But good for Dave for setting the record straight about the corrosive impact corporate run media is having on local journalism like at 25-66.

And for two news guys, they apparently didn’t need to do any actual research on any of the topics they discussed— either getting wholesale facts wrong or incomplete.

And am I really supposed to take Justin and Dave seriously when they are sponsored by the “My Pillow” guy?

sinklair

Re: Blowing up corporate media ownership

Post by sinklair » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:07 am

And could Bondy be more hypocritical?

He says he disagreed with anchors being forced to read a promo that bashed “fake news” on social media…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHfgU8oMSo

He then goes on to say he actually agrees with the message and was happy when Elon Musk tweeted about it recently (he’s only 5 years late!), resulting in 4000 new Twitter followers for Bondy.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:24 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:06 am
Talk about being unemployable at Sinclair ever again!
LOL! If Dave really cared even one iota about that, he wouldn't have done this show spot.

He wants to be this right-wing political influencer so, so bad - it's sad, really. Ideologically, he well knows that he and Sinclair are otherwise on the same team - which I'd be willing to bet is why he stuck around there for as long as he did. It's just that ultimately he finally decided that their way of running things was no longer useful for what he really wants to do.

But his throwing them under the bus is just so transparently self-serving, I don't give him any credit for what may (or may not be, since it's coming from him) supposedly be, "setting the record straight". It's basically "bad guy" Vs. "bad guy" there. (Kind of like Wagner Vs. the Russian Ministry of Defense over the weekend is also "bad guy" Vs. "bad guy", but that's a whole other story.)

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:12 pm

When Dave did straight News, he was one of the best on the market.

It’s sad to see how he’s thrown away a good career in journalism to become a second rate Tucker Carlson

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:15 pm

Was Dave Bondy always a complete moron? I ask this because this “journalist” couldn’t be bothered to go over to the Davison Meijer to see the Greyhound bus making its scheduled stop and see it was legitimate. Instead he spread fear about busloads of illegal immigrants. All they are is poor folks trying to travel. He also made it sound like 55 when it’s maybe 10 a day they are getting in a desperate attempt to be competitive. It’s a terrible location too. Center road Meijer would have made more sense.

Hundreds of people showed up at a meeting and got scared needlessly partly because of his TikTok bullshit.

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:50 am

Rumor has it that some unhappy meeting goers are seeking to pursue litigation over the latest Bondy debacle.
turn up the radio! mighty in might!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:46 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:06 am
Former 25-66 “news” anchor/wannabe influencer Dave Bondy goes on a little known former radio shock jock Justin Barclay’s Rumble podcast to throw his former station under the bus.

https://rumble.com/v2w41vw-former-tv-an ... M2dIiU3s5Y

Talk about being unemployable at Sinclair ever again! But good for Dave for setting the record straight about the corrosive impact corporate run media is having on local journalism like at 25-66.

And for two news guys, they apparently didn’t need to do any actual research on any of the topics they discussed— either getting wholesale facts wrong or incomplete.

And am I really supposed to take Justin and Dave seriously when they are sponsored by the “My Pillow” guy?
He doesn't work in TV anymore, and when you did work with him, it seems, you tacitly agreed with his stances against management.

You're borderline trolling now. Give it rest.

To put it another way: "He's dead, Jim."
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic