Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bondy yelling at viewers

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Bondy yelling at viewers

Post by sinklair » Mon May 15, 2023 9:20 pm

Former Sinclair News anchor Dave Bondy is now going on social media to chastise viewers. He says he had a viewers send him video from a car crash that showed a dead body. Then he says people should use “common sense”.

While I agree that real journalists should never show images of dead bodies that could be traumatic for the victim’s family, that’s why you have trained journalists do the work and uphold ethical news gathering standards from organizations like the Society of Professional Journalists or NPPA. Inviting viewers to cover crime scenes and accidents is just asking for trouble.

Even so, I don’t think Bondy denigrating viewers is helpful to anyone…

Realist

Re: Bondy yelling at viewers

Post by Realist » Mon May 15, 2023 9:45 pm

I’m sorry but Dave Bondy is a sellout. He sold his soul to the neo conservative overlords running 25/66 long ago, bitched about their local management yet goes to even more conservative Mackinaw Center. Fool. Hope I never see his face on TV again

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:06 am

He’s gone off the deep end. The constant in-authentic pandering about god, begging Elon musk and other right wing propaganda artists for attention, it’s sad.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat May 20, 2023 3:21 am

Bondy continues to troll Sinclair…. On Facebook, he posted:

“ Do I miss my job in tv news (Sinclair Broadcasting — NO. I just got back from Mackinac Island where I had a three day trip all expense paid by my new place of employment. I learned a lot in the last few days about what good culture and environment can mean for a workforce and sanity.”

Gotta agree with the guy about the sanity being away from such a poorly run station.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Sat May 20, 2023 9:24 am

Dave asking if the AP is biased in a headline because they mentioned over 1 million Americans died during Covid when talking about Neil Gorsuch saying it was a civil liberties intrusion.

Is this guy freaking serious? Mr. “Just the facts” is mad that the AP included a fact in their headline. This guy is a boner.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat May 20, 2023 9:46 am

BTS: you’re right that he went from being a so-called newsman to someone who is off the deep end with conservative conspiracy theories. There’s no sane journalist who would ever hire him again.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat May 20, 2023 10:15 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:46 am
BTS: you’re right that he went from being a so-called newsman to someone who is off the deep end with conservative conspiracy theories. There’s no sane journalist who would ever hire him again.
I couldn’t agree more with that assessment of Bondy…

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Sat May 20, 2023 10:22 am

What’s disappointing is Dave was a good journalist and could’ve done good work on this locals platform. Instead he’s no different than the company he now rips.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 20, 2023 6:46 pm

BehindTheScenes wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 10:22 am
What’s disappointing is Dave was a good journalist and could’ve done good work on this locals platform. Instead he’s no different than the company he now rips.
What a piece of shit you are, attacking someone for an opinion different than yours.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Sat May 20, 2023 8:33 pm

I could give a rats ass what his opinion his. Just don’t claim to be some unbiased journalism unicorn that doesn’t exist anywhere else when that’s not what you are.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat May 20, 2023 8:34 pm

Matt: You must be talking about yourself again… when you talk about having an opinion that no one cares about!

Taco

Post by Taco » Mon May 29, 2023 3:16 pm

WEYI is not the same since Ahmad Bajjey left for Detroit.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

OnTopic

Post by OnTopic » Mon May 29, 2023 8:34 pm

I doubt it was one person who made that large of a difference. But I will admit that it seems Ahmed worked up the guts to finally leave and the rest of the staff followed him out the door. I heard they had an executive producer leave before him and that started the chain reaction. Is that true?

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:43 pm

I’m just waiting for Davey Dishes to spill the beans on all his big corporate media secrets.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue May 30, 2023 4:44 am

Dishes with Dave is just a 15 minute segment pushing his Locals channel. It’s not worth anyone’s time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic