Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bondy yelling at viewers

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: Bondy yelling at viewers

Post by sinklair » Tue May 30, 2023 5:04 am

OnTopic: Ahmad’s departure was set in stone a LONG time ago. When they started laying people off and kept piling up newscasts with no additional help, he said screw or to the mandated 1% raises. The only reason it took him so long to leave was that he was under contract. CBS made it very easy for him to make the jump. Of course, the former GM tried begging him to stay and the HR Director/ Grilled Cheese Party Planner threatened that he would NEVER work for another Sinclair station ever again. It just shows how tone deaf local station managers are when they can’t/won’t address bad morale, bad pay and fail to understand career progression in a bigger market.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 30, 2023 6:50 am

But did he pronounce Clio correctly?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue May 30, 2023 8:42 am

Ahmad always pronounces all cities correctly. No help needed there…

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 30, 2023 7:44 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:04 am
OnTopic: Ahmad’s departure was set in stone a LONG time ago. When they started laying people off and kept piling up newscasts with no additional help, he said screw or to the mandated 1% raises. The only reason it took him so long to leave was that he was under contract. CBS made it very easy for him to make the jump. Of course, the former GM tried begging him to stay and the HR Director/ Grilled Cheese Party Planner threatened that he would NEVER work for another Sinclair station ever again. It just shows how tone deaf local station managers are when they can’t/won’t address bad morale, bad pay and fail to understand career progression in a bigger market.
He left for A. BIGGER. FUCKING. MARKET.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue May 30, 2023 7:56 pm

Yes, just like I said.

Matt: try the decaf.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue May 30, 2023 8:16 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:04 am
I seem to recall that he had stated other Detroit TV stations tried to lure him down there but he turned them down as he loved the area. I’m thinking a brand new start up venture that spared no expense and thru a boatload of money at him made the decision easy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 30, 2023 10:05 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:56 pm
Yes, just like I said.

Matt: try the decaf.
Not really - you suggest in the whole post that Flint could have kept someone from Detroit. You acknowledged that people do go to bigger markets, but your post could have been one sentence.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 31, 2023 2:02 am

Realist: Ahmad started his career at WDIV as an intern under Chuck Gadica and Paul Gross. I was surprised when he said he was going to CBS 62 as opposed to WDIV… but I’m sure you’re right that CBS showed him the money.

And Matt, I f’n love you. Your fake outrage always brightens up my day. You’re the best, buddy!

Martin Stett

Post by Martin Stett » Wed May 31, 2023 8:26 am

the HR Director/ Grilled Cheese Party Planner threatened that he would NEVER work for another Sinclair station ever again.
"Can I get that in writing?"

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:35 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:02 am
And Matt, I f’n love you. Your fake outrage always brightens up my day. You’re the best, buddy!
You wanna see Matt's fake outrage in full force? Call good ol' puddin' fingers a "fat fucking meatball." He LOVES that shit! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

m60

Post by m60 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:43 am

This is great. All you cry babies over Daivd Bondy. He will last longer than you.

New2You

Post by New2You » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:02 pm

m60 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:43 am
This is great. All you cry babies over Daivd Bondy. He will last longer than you.
No M60. He won't. His work is more of the same scare tactics seen too often over the last few years. People are slowly tiring of it which is why he has to beg for new followers every other post. Not to mention the "independent journalism" we see includes sharing real news stations links. So much for independent. If he really wanted to be an independent journalist he would work privately finding his own information and avoid working for a one-sided think tank.

m60

Post by m60 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:10 pm

One-sided think tank? Like Wnem, Abc12 and on to goes. He will do just fine.

Herm

Post by Herm » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:29 am

m60 wrote:
What exactly does this mean, “he will last longer than you”?

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:12 am

m60 wrote:
I don’t think he’ll work in broadcast journalism again

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic