Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

All bets are off

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Soundchaser

Re: All bets are off

Post by Soundchaser » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:26 pm

keto wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:51 pm
I've never seen anything like this.

You've got Dave Bondy, on his employer's Facebook page, saying he will no longer update there and encourages "the customers" to follow him personally. It's like a real estate agent, while still working for a broker, telling the broker's followers to follow them, the agent, personally. Must be no consequences for doing this.

Also, it used to be a well-kept secret when talent was on "vacation," they would actually be interviewing at other stations. But nope, Bondy is posting on Facebook "Having a great time visiting other stations!"
There's a reason there are no consequences.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Bondy is visiting friends at a former station where he used to work. I don’t think he has any interest in leaving mid-Michigan since he has young kids in school.

But as Soundchaser points out… what’s the worse the station could do? Fire him? If I were Dave I’d take the separation money and run.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:32 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:16 pm
Bondy is visiting friends at a former station where he used to work. I don’t think he has any interest in leaving mid-Michigan since he has young kids in school.

But as Soundchaser points out… what’s the worse the station could do? Fire him? If I were Dave I’d take the separation money and run.
Again, clueless.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:27 pm

Once again, Soundchaser acts like a spoiled 3rd grader. All he adds to any conversation are insults.

Prove me wrong. When Bondy comes back from his vacation and is back on air, I’ll expect an apology from Soundchaser. I won’t get it, because… well, Soundchaser is just a troll and Sinclair management apologist who offers zero insight.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:48 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:27 pm
Once again, Soundchaser acts like a spoiled 3rd grader. All he adds to any conversation are insults.

Prove me wrong. When Bondy comes back from his vacation and is back on air, I’ll expect an apology from Soundchaser. I won’t get it, because… well, Soundchaser is just a troll and Sinclair management apologist who offers zero insight.
Look at Stink!
Doubling down!
Still clueless!

Saying you're clueless is not an insult. It's a fact.
But I digress.
You're the expert.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:11 pm

Wonder when he’ll start sharing Arrest Fauci memes on his page to appease the audience.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:46 pm

Soundchaser: again you prove my point. Thank you for never providing any actual information. You attack me but yet never provide any details where I’m wrong. That’s because you know I’m right. As Yoda would say: “clueless, you are!”

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:43 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:46 pm
Soundchaser: again you prove my point. Thank you for never providing any actual information. You attack me but yet never provide any details where I’m wrong. That’s because you know I’m right. As Yoda would say: “clueless, you are!”
I don't feel it's right to give out other people's personal information. I know what's up, and you are still clueless.
The die is cast.
Patience is a virtue.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:35 pm

Soundchaser: You don’t know crap. And you’re full of it.

cathouse1974

Post by cathouse1974 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:56 pm

Bondy seems like a right-winter. He'll probably go a right-wing organization.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:00 am

Cathouse: you are right on target. Bondy will be the next to announce he’s leaving. He’s extremely frustrated that he was sold a bill of goods that brought him from bigger TV markets like Pittsburg back to Flint with the promise that 25-66 was going to win. But with chronic mismanagement, he now wants out. And he’s not been afraid to let everyone hear his displeasure… from the now departed GM, to the HR Director/Grilled Cheese Part Planner, to the Kalamazoo lackey overseeing Flint operations, to current and past employees. He’s preparing to leave and isn’t afraid to burn every bridge to make a point about how bad management is (especially corporate management). And he still hasn’t forgiven Sinclair for making him read that stupid promotion that was mocked by Deadspin.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/first- ... o-deadspin

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:22 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:00 am
Cathouse: you are right on target. Bondy will be the next to announce he’s leaving. He’s extremely frustrated that he was sold a bill of goods that brought him from bigger TV markets like Pittsburg back to Flint with the promise that 25-66 was going to win. But with chronic mismanagement, he now wants out. And he’s not been afraid to let everyone hear his displeasure… from the now departed GM, to the HR Director/Grilled Cheese Part Planner, to the Kalamazoo lackey overseeing Flint operations, to current and past employees. He’s preparing to leave and isn’t afraid to burn every bridge to make a point about how bad management is (especially corporate management). And he still hasn’t forgiven Sinclair for making him read that stupid promotion that was mocked by Deadspin.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/first- ... o-deadspin
Stink. Bondy being gone is old news. Get with the program.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:38 pm

Interesting “Dishes with Dave” Facebook Live broadcast earlier today. Several people asked about all the changes happening at 25-66. Dave said he couldn’t talk about it right now, but would be able to soon. He said he wasn’t leaving Michigan. He said he would still be on social media. But he said he couldn’t talk about the changes because he wasn’t the “boss” — throwing shade to local and Sinclair corporate managers.

So that leaves only a couple of options— all which indicate that his time is done at 25-66.

Options:
* Bondy is leaving for another TV station - non-compete would require it to be outside the Flint-Saginaw TV market. (Detroit, Grand Rapids, Lansing?)
* Bondy is getting out of TV — maybe doing something like public relations like his former coanchor Stephanie Parkinson is doing now.
* Bondy is going out on his own doing social media — he’s got one of the largest social media following in the area

Dave says he’ll have “much more” to say soon. It’ll be interesting to hear his side of the sh*tshow that is 25-66.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:50 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:38 pm
Interesting “Dishes with Dave” Facebook Live broadcast earlier today. Several people asked about all the changes happening at 25-66. Dave said he couldn’t talk about it right now, but would be able to soon. He said he wasn’t leaving Michigan. He said he would still be on social media. But he said he couldn’t talk about the changes because he wasn’t the “boss” — throwing shade to local and Sinclair corporate managers.

So that leaves only a couple of options— all which indicate that his time is done at 25-66.

Options:
* Bondy is leaving for another TV station - non-compete would require it to be outside the Flint-Saginaw TV market. (Detroit, Grand Rapids, Lansing?)
* Bondy is getting out of TV — maybe doing something like public relations like his former coanchor Stephanie Parkinson is doing now.
* Bondy is going out on his own doing social media — he’s got one of the largest social media following in the area

Dave says he’ll have “much more” to say soon. It’ll be interesting to hear his side of the sh*tshow that is 25-66.
If you throw enough darts someday you might hit the bullseye.
I thought you were connected.
Guess not.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:35 pm

Wow - last night is tonight. Getting completely out of TV news. Can’t say I blame him with small kids. I’m sure his schedule is opposite of his kids if they’re in school.

Guessing Mike Woolfolk will be switched to evenings to replace him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic