Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NBC25 and FOX 66 changes

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: NBC25 and FOX 66 changes

Post by sinklair » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Not even an apt comparison, Soundchaser, and you know it.

And if you think the Sinclair lawyers are that buttoned up, let me present you exhibit 1: the failed bid for Tribune that was a “done deal” until the FCC had its say.

I wouldn’t let Sinclair lawyers try a case in the People’s Court, much less the FCC.

Sinclair is the poster child for a company that deserves to lose its licenses. It’s been a bad faith actor for decades. If the FCC won’t deny Sinclair’s licenses, they likely wouldn’t remove any company’s licenses — and have essentially given up its oversight responsibilities.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:40 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:22 pm
Not even an apt comparison, Soundchaser, and you know it.

And if you think the Sinclair lawyers are that buttoned up, let me present you exhibit 1: the failed bid for Tribune that was a “done deal” until the FCC had its say.

I wouldn’t let Sinclair lawyers try a case in the People’s Court, much less the FCC.

Sinclair is the poster child for a company that deserves to lose its licenses. It’s been a bad faith actor for decades. If the FCC won’t deny Sinclair’s licenses, they likely wouldn’t remove any company’s licenses — and have essentially given up its oversight responsibilities.
Whatever. Not going to happen.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:39 pm

Agree to disagree

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:05 pm

Soundchaser wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:40 pm
sinklair wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:22 pm
If the FCC won’t deny Sinclair’s licenses, they likely wouldn’t remove any company’s licenses — and have essentially given up its oversight responsibilities.
Whatever. Not going to happen.
The only way the FCC will pull its licenses is if enough viewers file complaints of their dereliction of their community responsibility, which would make them look unattractive come renewal time. But even then, the FCC would not likely pull the licenses, as they may not consider it a revokable offense. The worse thing that would happen is the FCC would give them shorter periods between renewals.

With Sinclair in dire financial straits, they could always spinoff or sell the underperforming stations. But with Sinclair being Sinclair, I have doubts that would happen, either.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:39 am

I don’t see Sinclair selling stations either. They clearly don’t want to put the work into building up the stations. They’ll instead milk the better performing stations for whatever they can get out of them… and try to reduce expenses wherever possible going from one political season to the next.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic