Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More layoffs going down at Sinclair Stations including Flint

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Tvguy

More layoffs going down at Sinclair Stations including Flint

Post by Tvguy » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:52 am

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... r-stations

The word is that newscasts are being cancelled and will be replaced by news from Sinclair’s The National Desk.

“The affected individuals were requested to attend individual meetings with the station's news director, human resources, and other high-ranking management, in which they were informed of their final day of employment,” a Sinclair employee tells FTVLive.

Dudley

Re: More layoffs going down at Sinclair Stations including Flint

Post by Dudley » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:21 pm

We are getting reports that Sinclair is making layoffs at some of their stations.

We have heard that WACH (Columbia, SC) and WGXA (Macon) have been two stations that have seen layoffs.

This is right from the article. Can't even report this right.

jmeltonwx

Post by jmeltonwx » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:22 pm

From Adweek:
>UPDATE: We heard from a reader that along with layoffs and an elimination of positions scheduled for April 1, Sinclair’s NBC affiliate WEYI and Fox affiliate WSMH in Flint, Michigan was told that the local morning and weekend evening newscasts on both stations and the weekday 5 p.m. on WEYI are going away. We hear at least some time slots will be replaced by The National Desk.
https://www.adweek.com/tvspy/sinclair-r ... ns/247491/

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:03 pm

The Diamond/Bally Sports bankruptcy is likely having a ripple effect. Acquiring those regional sports networks has been a disaster for Sinclair.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:15 pm

Just run Mike and Molly reruns. Probably get better ratings.

Martin Stett

Post by Martin Stett » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:22 am

Tvguy wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:52 am

The word is that newscasts are being cancelled and will be replaced by news from Sinclair’s The National Desk.
Letterman did a bit about cutbacks at CBS. The Evening News consisted of Dan Rather by a tv set saying "Now let's watch Peter Jennings together."
Probably their next move.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:51 pm

jmeltonwx wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:22 pm
From Adweek:
>UPDATE: We heard from a reader that along with layoffs and an elimination of positions scheduled for April 1, Sinclair’s NBC affiliate WEYI and Fox affiliate WSMH in Flint, Michigan was told that the local morning and weekend evening newscasts on both stations and the weekday 5 p.m. on WEYI are going away. We hear at least some time slots will be replaced by The National Desk.
https://www.adweek.com/tvspy/sinclair-r ... ns/247491/
Holy shit. That's a H*** cut.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:20 pm

Martin Stett wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:22 am
Tvguy wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:52 am

Letterman did a bit about cutbacks at CBS. The Evening News consisted of Dan Rather by a tv set saying "Now let's watch Peter Jennings together."
Probably their next move.
🤣 that's awesome. Now I gotta see if there's any footage on YouTube

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Best decision they ever made was booting the malcontent.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:23 pm

Does that mean Karin is out as ND at 25-66? I feel sorry for those that are losing their jobs at 25-66 which means that news hubbing out from South Bend or WWMT. Stinklair trying to get a union at 25-66 so the cuts don't happen Stinklair left to become a local union rep and form unions for channel 12 along with 25-66.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:40 am

Dudley, Matt and MasterB: try getting your facts straight before inserting your foot into your massive cake hole. You dolts.

First, it’s a wonderful job of wordsmithing from Sinclair’s PR firm to not really acknowledge what they are doing with job cuts at several of its stations: https://www.adweek.com/tvspy/sinclair-r ... ks+Payment

The fact is this has been in motion since the summer of 2019 when they laid of several on-air and behind the scenes talent. They have over the years let several vacant positions go unfilled. We have been saying this for years. Now you’re surprised that Sinclair is replacing local newscasts and local journalists with this crappy, agenda-driven national “show”???

I hope Karin, Ashley and Becky are sleeping well taking their orders from Scott Livingston and other corporate lackeys. They shouldn’t be surprised when their job is next.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:18 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:40 am

I hope Karin, Ashley and Becky are sleeping well taking their orders from Scott Livingston and other corporate lackeys. They shouldn’t be surprised when their job is next.
This last statement really shows that you really have no clue.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:55 am

Ahhh, good morning Soundchaser! It’s a beautiful day for you… offering zero substance to yet another thread. I hope you are enjoying the day under your bridge. Come back when you can provide actual information, you management and corporate apologist.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... es-layoffs

There are real people who are losing their jobs. I think you should focus on that rather than your obsession with me.

I also believe that Flint viewers will be worse off as a result of losing more journalists and fewer local broadcast time periods. Don’t believe me? Just try watching WNEM or WJRT.

All of this because of Sinclair’s mismanagement. We need more local voices in the market… not more of The National Desk.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:27 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:55 am
Ahhh, good morning Soundchaser! It’s a beautiful day for you… offering zero substance to yet another thread. I hope you are enjoying the day under your bridge. Come back when you can provide actual information, you management and corporate apologist.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... es-layoffs

There are real people who are losing their jobs. I think you should focus on that rather than your obsession with me.

I also believe that Flint viewers will be worse off as a result of losing more journalists and fewer local broadcast time periods. Don’t believe me? Just try watching WNEM or WJRT.

All of this because of Sinclair’s mismanagement. We need more local voices in the market… not more of The National Desk.
Offering zero substance to yet another thread?
What substance have you offered up on this? Regurgitated national news stories? No one gives a shit about your 'opinion" on this.
We've heard it all before.
You have no clue what is happening or who is affected locally.
Probably why you washed out of the news business.
And just think, you washed out of the place that all consumes you on a daily basis.
I bet you lie awake in bed thinking about what to say next about the place you couldn't make it at.
Must be a sad existance.
You couldn't find a story with substance if it landed in your lap, except for low hanging fruit in the internet.
Better get on the phone and check your sources.

Your serve.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:39 am

Still offering nothing new Soundchaser. Not sure why you are obsessed with attacking me and defending the indefensible approach that Sinclair is making at its stations. Maybe it’s because you’re part of the problem/an insider stooge? Or just someone who doesn’t know what it takes to actually do the work to improve local newscasts.

You say I washed out/couldn’t make it. That’s hardly the case. Because I moved on to another/better opportunity when when contract ended (like dozens of people before me and since) doesn’t mean anything other than I was done putting up with Sinclair’s/management crap. But im sure you’d label anyone who has left 25-66 as a malcontent. But because you write such does not make it true.

As for your assertion that all I do is regurgitate national news stories. Also not true. When you leave 25-66, they make you sign a NDA. I chose not to sign my NDA, but also am making sure if I were ever sued, I can point back to a national media article as the original source and that I was not disclosing any sensitive information. I am merely using my First Amendment privilege to comment on information in the public light. And before you say I can’t do that, please check with an actual lawyer. I did.

Trust me when I say after 12 months have passed, I will have MUCH more to say and will be even freer to disclose some of the horrible stuff that went on when I was at WEYI. So stay tuned. Im sure you’ll continue to try to bash me and other 25-66 workers who believe the company and management are solely responsible for the state of its station.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic