Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gone after 24 years

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
MasterB

Re: Gone after 24 years

Post by MasterB » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:53 pm

All the best Craig Beechler.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:38 am

Herm: please enlighten me to where I posted any personal information about Mr. Beechler. Did I put out there his marital status? Did I list the names of his kids or pets? Did I show his social security number and computer log-in information? Nope.

I simply commented on how great Craig has been to work with. While I haven’t worked with Craig for 24 years, I did work with him for a bit longer than you, my friend. Not that it’s a competition… I think there’s enough room on the Buzzboard for both of us to give compliments and wish Craig well in Detroit.

Just give me the courtesy of not putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

If Craig wanted to remain anonymous, multiple Facebook postings and a goodbye video in our newscasts wouldn’t have been made. It was a very nice send off for a very nice man.

And for management apologist Soundchaser… stations can pay better. They choose not to. Just look at their quarterly financial disclosures.

Flint TV stations can absolutely pay Detroit rates for its employees. Managers choose not to. In fact, at 25-66 the GM has a financial incentive not to. They get a bonus for reducing budgets.

And before you lecture me about how keeping expenses down and profits high is how business works, I have a Master’s Degree and took many business and Econ classes. Profits for underperforming businesses like 25-66 can’t be cut to greater profits. They can only grow them through improving the quality of the product —investing in people— which will raise ratings, digital impressions and thus profits.

How can I prove this? Just take a look at the past decade. The disinvestment at 25-66 (other than the physical infrastructure) has not produced greater ratings. The several rounds of layoffs, turning reporters into MMJs, hiring cheaper and more inexperienced labor right out of college, has ruined the broadcasts and sent viewers packing.

Maybe Becky’s and Department Head’s profit sharing bonuses will initially go down if they start paying people more… but staff morale will increase, retention will increase, quality and quantity of work will increase all which can lead to greater ratings and long-term profits.

It’s a choice. But let’s not play makebelieve that this is a fate that managers can’t fix. They can if they want to. And if they don’t want to, that’s on them as well. And that’s the best argument for the return of unions (see other post).

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:49 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:38 am

And for management apologist Soundchaser… stations can pay better. They choose not to. Just look at their quarterly financial disclosures.

Flint TV stations can absolutely pay Detroit rates for its employees. Managers choose not to. In fact, at 25-66 the GM has a financial incentive not to. They get a bonus for reducing budgets.

And before you lecture me about how keeping expenses down and profits high is how business works, I have a Master’s Degree and took many business and Econ classes. Profits for underperforming businesses like 25-66 can’t be cut to greater profits. They can only grow them through improving the quality of the product —investing in people— which will raise ratings, digital impressions and thus profits.

How can I prove this? Just take a look at the past decade. The disinvestment at 25-66 (other than the physical infrastructure) has not produced greater ratings. The several rounds of layoffs, turning reporters into MMJs, hiring cheaper and more inexperienced labor right out of college, has ruined the broadcasts and sent viewers packing.

Maybe Becky’s and Department Head’s profit sharing bonuses will initially go down if they start paying people more… but staff morale will increase, retention will increase, quality and quantity of work will increase all which can lead to greater ratings and long-term profits.

It’s a choice. But let’s not play makebelieve that this is a fate that managers can’t fix. They can if they want to. And if they don’t want to, that’s on them as well. And that’s the best argument for the return of unions (see other post).
1. Stink, I don't apologize for anything or anybody.

2. Having a Masters Degree doesn't make you smart. Some might argue to the contrary.
The fact that you have all that education and ended up at 25 is a reflection on you and the sorry state of our educational establishments.

Local management only has limited powers to increase wages. That is dictated by corporate.
You must know that Sinclair pays much better wages in better and bigger markets.

And finally 4.

Starting wages for an operator in Detroit is approx. 60K. Way more than 5, 12 or 25.
It's time you got a hold of yourself (or let go of yourself) and get with reality.

Herm

Post by Herm » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:27 pm

sinklair wrote:
Herm: please enlighten me to where I posted any personal information about Mr. Beechler. Did I put out there his marital status? Did I list the names of his kids or pets? Did I show his social security number and computer log-in information? Nope.

I simply commented on how great Craig has been to work with. While I haven’t worked with Craig for 24 years, I did work with him for a bit longer than you, my friend. Not that it’s a competition… I think there’s enough room on the Buzzboard for both of us to give compliments and wish Craig well in Detroit.

If Craig wanted to remain anonymous, multiple Facebook postings and a goodbye video in our newscasts wouldn’t have been made. It was a very nice send off for a very nice man.

I am not your friend.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:10 pm

Herm, I’m not giving up on us.

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:51 am

sinklair wrote:

I think that telling everyone where he’s going is personal. I guess you feel different. Again, we’ll agree to disagree. I’m not putting words in your mouth, I just see your words differently than you do.

All of those items you mention above are done in Craig’s presence, or by people that Craig knows. In this forum, you are anonymous and therefore, you could be anyone. There is no way of knowing what kind of relationship you have with the person you are discussing.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:07 am

I said Craig was going to Detroit… that’s personal? Really?

And I don’t see the outrage from you when his career move was blasted all over the airwaves and social media. It just seems that your selective outrage is directed at me. That’s all.

All you need to know is that I’ve had a working relationship with Craig. He’s a great guy that I wish nothing but the best. Much like the others who have left 25-66 in recent years, he’ll do great working for a better run station.

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:49 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:07 am

All you need to know is that I’ve had a working relationship with Craig.
Unconfirmed

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:32 pm

There you go again, Herm. I expect you to be better than the same tactics used by Lovin Life.

Disagree with me on my perspective all you want. But I haven’t denigrated your experience. Please don’t dismiss my decades of experience.

Herm

Post by Herm » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:52 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:32 pm
There you go again, Herm. I expect you to be better than the same tactics used by Lovin Life.

Disagree with me on my perspective all you want. But I haven’t denigrated your experience. Please don’t dismiss my decades of experience.
What TF are you even talking about?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:42 pm

“Unconfirmed”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic