Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Leslie LoBue Toldo exits

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Matt

Re: Leslie LoBue Toldo exits

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:19 pm

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:46 pm
sinklair wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:29 am
BTS: Sinclair’s liquidated damages is a complicated percentage of your contract divided by the amount of time you have left under the contract. One person wanting to leave went to the HR Director 4 times and got 4 different amounts for the buyout.

The contract system simply doesn’t work. They will literally force unhappy workers to stay, being more unproductive and dragging down morale. The argument that a MMJ or news producer has competitive information that could ruin a station’s profitability is laughable.

I can understand stations wanting to put main talent that make big bucks under contract since there’s promotion and major station projects built around their tenure. But these stations shouldn’t force MMJs, photogs, producers, directors, etc. to sign restrictive contracts with large punitive liquidated damage clauses.

As for Leslie’s exit. On air and email we’re very nice. At the going away party, she was a lot more candid to speak freely of what drove her out of a business where she’s spent the last three decades.

Funny that I don’t recall seeing you Soundchaser at the party at the White Horse. Hmmmmm…
Whelp, Sinklair, thanks for the kind words about my on air and email farewells. I have been an occasional visitor to this forum, but I never really have had much to say, so I don't post. I used to stop by about once a year, just to see if anything has changed. Then, one of my colleagues pointed out one of your posts. I don't remember your exact words, so forgive me. I believe it had something to do with my erratic mood swings. I found that intriguing enough that I stopped in a little more often. I have already been called an egomaniac by another poster, or maybe it was you. Anyway, I searched my name. Wow, that was eye-opening.
According to you, and at least one other poster, I am part of the reason for the mass exodus at the station. I am hardly perfect, and I have lost my cool at work a couple of times, as many others have, by the way- you included. I find it hard to believe that so many people- the majority of whom worked different shifts and never saw me- would leave because of my storied history of being miserable to work with. Now, if I did you wrong, I apologize, because I would not intentionally do that to anyone.
Really, I decided to comment today to sort of clear the air. For starters, I don't know if the lover of life is still a poster on this board, but I just wanted him to know that when someone no one in this market wants to hire comes after me with snarky little remarks about me looking like a seal or making a very convincing man, I think it is clearly obvious that someone is hurting inside. Therapy. It works. You'll have to trust me on that.
I have read that I act like a drunk, that I was terrible at the profession I managed to stay employed in for 33 years, and that no one wants to work with me. I don't really have much to say about that. I try to be a good person. I am not perfect, by any means. What you really cannot rightly call me is dishonest. I am pretty straight up. People find that hard to swallow, and I have spent a lot of time working on my bluntness.
Since we are on the whole honesty subject, Sinklair, I have to ask, why on earth would you attend my going away party? I don't think that really bodes well for the type of person you are. You see, the gathering was really quite small. The people there were all friends, some of whom I have worked with for nearly 2 decades. If you were among them, I can only conclude that you are a dishonest, disingenuous person. Who smiles in a person's face, then spews hate about them when they find an anonymous forum where they can launch an attack?
I don't take offense to most of what I read here, because I know people come on this board to vent. Curiosity finally got the best of me, and I had to just ask you about this, Sinklair. I want you to know that I am pretty positive I know who you are. In fact, many of us do. It is what it is.
For the record, I know you are not the only one who has said unkind things about me here. I was very amused by a recent post that metalhead must have taken down. I think he was right to do that. I mean, any of you can say anything you want about me. It's a free country, and it certainly isn't hurting me. But, that particular poster went after my husband's character. My husband, for the record, is one of the best people I know. I think- and this is just my opinion- that took things a little too far.
So, have at it, carry on. Assassinate my character. Slam my on-air performance. Attack my people skills. But do it all honestly. I think that is a reasonable ask, don't you?
This is a hall of fame worthy retort! Hope you are well, Leslie!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:27 pm

Thank you, Matt! I am well.
Ps Also, it was erroneously stated that I left the station because- or at least the last straw was- I didn't get the chief position. For the record, I have never in my entire career, ever, wanted to be chief. I am not the right person for that job. Never have been. I never really wanted to permanently work nightside, either.
I called it "retiring" because I was leaving a three decade career. I retired from broadcasting. It was pretty simple. I am 55 years old. Waking up in the middle of the night took a toll on me. I had a few medical issues to deal with and it was time. There is no conspiracy here. Sorry to disappoint.
The business has changed a lot, especially in the last decade or so. I was just ready to do something new.

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:25 pm

Good luck with your future endeavors! A lot of good people have have left WEYI. Always enjoyed your weathercasts. I'm not in the broadcasting business but rather I'm just a fan of local TV.
Laura Ingalls wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:27 pm
Thank you, Matt! I am well.
Ps Also, it was erroneously stated that I left the station because- or at least the last straw was- I didn't get the chief position. For the record, I have never in my entire career, ever, wanted to be chief. I am not the right person for that job. Never have been. I never really wanted to permanently work nightside, either.
I called it "retiring" because I was leaving a three decade career. I retired from broadcasting. It was pretty simple. I am 55 years old. Waking up in the middle of the night took a toll on me. I had a few medical issues to deal with and it was time. There is no conspiracy here. Sorry to disappoint.
The business has changed a lot, especially in the last decade or so. I was just ready to do something new.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:56 pm

Laura Ingalls wrote:
sinklair wrote:
BTS: Sinclair’s liquidated damages is a complicated percentage of your contract divided by the amount of time you have left under the contract. One person wanting to leave went to the HR Director 4 times and got 4 different amounts for the buyout.

The contract system simply doesn’t work. They will literally force unhappy workers to stay, being more unproductive and dragging down morale. The argument that a MMJ or news producer has competitive information that could ruin a station’s profitability is laughable.

I can understand stations wanting to put main talent that make big bucks under contract since there’s promotion and major station projects built around their tenure. But these stations shouldn’t force MMJs, photogs, producers, directors, etc. to sign restrictive contracts with large punitive liquidated damage clauses.

As for Leslie’s exit. On air and email we’re very nice. At the going away party, she was a lot more candid to speak freely of what drove her out of a business where she’s spent the last three decades.

Funny that I don’t recall seeing you Soundchaser at the party at the White Horse. Hmmmmm…
Whelp, Sinklair, thanks for the kind words about my on air and email farewells. I have been an occasional visitor to this forum, but I never really have had much to say, so I don't post. I used to stop by about once a year, just to see if anything has changed. Then, one of my colleagues pointed out one of your posts. I don't remember your exact words, so forgive me. I believe it had something to do with my erratic mood swings. I found that intriguing enough that I stopped in a little more often. I have already been called an egomaniac by another poster, or maybe it was you. Anyway, I searched my name. Wow, that was eye-opening.
According to you, and at least one other poster, I am part of the reason for the mass exodus at the station. I am hardly perfect, and I have lost my cool at work a couple of times, as many others have, by the way- you included. I find it hard to believe that so many people- the majority of whom worked different shifts and never saw me- would leave because of my storied history of being miserable to work with. Now, if I did you wrong, I apologize, because I would not intentionally do that to anyone.
Really, I decided to comment today to sort of clear the air. For starters, I don't know if the lover of life is still a poster on this board, but I just wanted him to know that when someone no one in this market wants to hire comes after me with snarky little remarks about me looking like a seal or making a very convincing man, I think it is clearly obvious that someone is hurting inside. Therapy. It works. You'll have to trust me on that.
I have read that I act like a drunk, that I was terrible at the profession I managed to stay employed in for 33 years, and that no one wants to work with me. I don't really have much to say about that. I try to be a good person. I am not perfect, by any means. What you really cannot rightly call me is dishonest. I am pretty straight up. People find that hard to swallow, and I have spent a lot of time working on my bluntness.
Since we are on the whole honesty subject, Sinklair, I have to ask, why on earth would you attend my going away party? I don't think that really bodes well for the type of person you are. You see, the gathering was really quite small. The people there were all friends, some of whom I have worked with for nearly 2 decades. If you were among them, I can only conclude that you are a dishonest, disingenuous person. Who smiles in a person's face, then spews hate about them when they find an anonymous forum where they can launch an attack?
I don't take offense to most of what I read here, because I know people come on this board to vent. Curiosity finally got the best of me, and I had to just ask you about this, Sinklair. I want you to know that I am pretty positive I know who you are. In fact, many of us do. It is what it is.
For the record, I know you are not the only one who has said unkind things about me here. I was very amused by a recent post that metalhead must have taken down. I think he was right to do that. I mean, any of you can say anything you want about me. It's a free country, and it certainly isn't hurting me. But, that particular poster went after my husband's character. My husband, for the record, is one of the best people I know. I think- and this is just my opinion- that took things a little too far.
So, have at it, carry on. Assassinate my character. Slam my on-air performance. Attack my people skills. But do it all honestly. I think that is a reasonable ask, don't you?
Awesome! Good luck!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:48 am

Leslie/Laura: I’m glad you are doing well. I stand by my previous postings about your erratic behavior and wildly inappropriate verbal beratings that you made toward our WEYI-WSMH colleagues. You created a hostile work environment that resulted in many people quitting. You need to own up for your own actions and stop excusing your behavior as a result of lack of sleep or other reason. No one deserves/deserved the way you went after them. And if the previous 25/66 management had any spine, they would have let you go years earlier.

As far as bringing your husband into any post, that wasn’t me — non-news people/spouses/family members should be off limits. I’m glad MW has been very responsive in deleting Lovin Life’s and his alternate account posts.

I believe I called the former GM, Chad, the egomaniac — not you.

Again, I’m glad you’re doing well, LT. I can only assume that the veiled threat of you knowing who I am is yet another attempt by you to bully me into being quiet. Sorry, pal, that ain’t gonna happen. So go ahead and attack my credibility— it only will further prove my point that you were not an easy person to deal with, despite your decades of entitled behavior.

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:55 am

Sink: If Leslie was the monster you said she was, why the hell did you go to her party?

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:08 am

Sinklair. I made no threats, just let you know that people do know who you are and largely do not care. As for my "verbal berating" causing people to quit, name someone. Not one member of our morning team left. That's who I primarily worked with. Again, if I have done something to harm you, I apologize. Have I done and said things I regret? Certainly. I think everyone has regrets in this life. I am hardly the monster you paint me out to be, nor did I create the hostile work environment you describe. I did not berate anyone. I know the people who worked with me every day know who I am, and that's really all that matters to me. I may have lost my cool a few times when things were messed up on the air, but I am hardly the only one who ever did that.
You haven't explained why you would attend my going away party, why you would sit among people with whom I have had good relationships, like the morning crew. If you were one of the people there, you are the monster. You have to be pretty phony and dishonest, even a back-stabber. Instead of being a stand-up person and saying these things to my face, you call me out on this board. At the end of the day it is because you know that you have made some very exaggerated claims about me.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:13 am

Maybe you should come back under your old username and give sinklair a run for his money, LOL.

I think it was classy for you to come on here and apologize.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:53 pm

Audio: there’s the rub. She really didn’t apologize. Leslie blames others. She makes excuses.

“Aww shucks, it’s a tough job and everyone makes mistakes so don’t blame me.”

Yes, I guess you could say I’m two-faced for putting bygones aside and wishing you well. I also said you were classy in your departure. Yes, I’m a monster…

Let’s be clear… you did berate people. You did leave coworkers in tears many mornings. You had multiple meetings with GMs, past News Directors, Executive Producer, and HR. Good People left the station citing you as the reason why they could no longer stand working at 25-66. You also had a history at 12 that our incompetent managers should have known — or they just didn’t care. Either way their indifference to your bad behaviors created a very negative culture that exists still today.

So no, I’m not going to name names so you can further bully others and excuse your behavior. It’s time for you to look in the mirror. Or not. Either way, I wish you well…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:19 pm
Laura Ingalls wrote:
sinklair wrote:

This is a hall of fame worthy retort! Hope you are well, Leslie!
Just excellent

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:52 am

Thanks TC!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:58 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:52 am
Thanks TC!
I wasn't referring to you, blowhard, I enjoyed the response.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:04 am

I enjoyed my response as well… so I thanked you for the support you continue to extend our way. You’re the best.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:35 am

Sinklair, I have learned a few things in this life. One big lesson was not to continue arguing with someone who has convinced themself their own lies are true. Whether that is the case or you simply lie to achieve some type of goal, I am finished with this conversation. I do not have to defend myself against things that didn't happen, and I won't. I prefer to let Karma sort these things out. I would thank you for the well-wishes, but they hardly ring with sincerity.
I think you, for whatever reason, lied about being at my going away party. Who knows? Maybe you were there. You were at Neille's going away party. You were in Neille's office every day, smiling and bantering, then posting the things you post on this board. She's not the only one you did this to. This tells me all I need to know about you.
Carry on. What goes around always comes back around. That's not a threat. It is a universal truth.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:03 am

I thought you said you weren't at Neille's going away party Sinklair and weren't friends with her why do you talk to her daily if you didn't like her? Love the popcorn with Sinklair & Leslie/Laura that it has ended I want more.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic