Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Being cheap at Christmas

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Dudley

Re: Being cheap at Christmas

Post by Dudley » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:19 pm

25 has always been a starter market. Tell me who will make it better, some loudmouth employee. Enjoy your 3 balony lunch!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:22 am

Flint hasn’t been a starter market… up until recently when GMs and News Directors found they could save a few pennies by not paying as well.

People like Jim Kiertzner, Jay Brandow, Randy Conat, and Brian Wood are all great examples of respected, experienced journalists who made noteworthy careers here in mid-Michigan home

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:50 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:22 am
Flint hasn’t been a starter market… up until recently when GMs and News Directors found they could save a few pennies by not paying as well.

People like Jim Kiertzner, Jay Brandow, Randy Conat, and Brian Wood are all great examples of respected, experienced journalists who made noteworthy careers here in mid-Michigan home
This has pretty much been a start up market since Disney sold 12 to SJL. SJL again milked it for all it was worth and then for a very large profit sold it to Gray. Gray bought 12 at a very inflated price. Much more than it was worth. 12 was downsized 3 times since the original SJL purchase. Freeing up hundreds of thousands of dollars in profit. No one on the workers level profited from that even though much of the profit was made by eliminating jobs. The business model is to squeeze every drop of blood out of these places for the owners and that's it. Gray, Allen, all of them are in it for profit. Not jounalism. It is sad, but that's the way it is. I'm not trying to justify this. Just pointing out that once again you are beating a dead horse.
I think it was you Stink, that posted earlier that Gray employees received a 3% bonus. I'd be intersed to know if that was up and above the normal bonus/raise they receive annually. I doubt it. But, Christmas miracles can happen.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:31 pm

That last post tells me that Sinclare has his head up his ASS cause 25 has been a starter station for over30+ years! I was there where were you still hanging on a tit?

TheWayItIs

Post by TheWayItIs » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:47 pm

Dudley wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:31 pm
That last post tells me that Sinclare has his head up his ASS cause 25 has been a starter station for over30+ years! I was there where were you still hanging on a tit?
There’s a difference between being a starter market and hiring sub-par talent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:59 pm

TheWayItIs wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:47 pm
Dudley wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:31 pm
There’s a difference between being a starter market and hiring sub-par talent. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Everybody's got to start somewhere, might as well be Flint.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:25 pm

There is a difference between a starter MARKET and a starter STATION! 25 had been sitting on the Saginaw and Genesee county line for years. Just moved in with 66 7 years ago. Can't believe how foggy everyones mind is. it has been more of a Saginaw market since its city of licence is Saginaw!

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:58 pm

Dudley wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:25 pm
There is a difference between a starter MARKET and a starter STATION!
Then again, there's also its sister, WNWO Toledo, which can be described as a "non-starter" station -- for the last few years, its news was produced out of WSBT in South Bend. They were off Buckeye Cablesystem for several months in 2013-2014 due to a cable dispute; the system actually promoted CBC's coverage of the Winter Olympics from Sochi, Russia, as well as Stanley Cup, during the time WNWO was blacked out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic