Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Exodus at Pierson Road continues

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
OnTopic

Exodus at Pierson Road continues

Post by OnTopic » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:30 am

Stephanie Parkinson is leaving.
This leaves Dave Bondy and Mike Woolfolk as the only anchors for the entire station.

Deleted User 15867

Re: Exodus at Pierson Road continues

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:26 am

How are they going to put on newscasts? Seems like a complete joke of an operation.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:51 am

Dave will be keepin’ it real for OAN real soon.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:03 pm

That won’t solve the problems at 25-66. What is the solution?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:42 pm

OnTopic wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:30 am
Stephanie Parkinson is leaving.
This leaves Dave Bondy and Mike Woolfolk as the only anchors for the entire station.
Going to another station/market or just going to be a stay at home mom?

Either way, she will be missed as she was a very good anchor

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:18 pm

She’s been at that station for a long time!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:41 pm

She’s not the only one leaving. Shortly, there will be even more people announcing their departure.

Once again, management screwed up the hiring of a new News Director who now is pissing off practically everyone… driving out even the most experienced and respected news staffers in front and behind the camera.

I thought things couldn’t get worse than the reign of terror under the previous News Director. I was wrong. It is worse right now with Karin.

And there is no plan. There is a useless HR Director/Mary K seller who does absolutely nothing to help recruit, interview, hire and retain employees. She should be fired and her salary used to hire additional producers, reporters and photographers— AKA the people who do the real work.

That of course won’t happen. The GM needs to cut ties with Karin now. Not having a News Director would be better than her driving out everyone.

The GM needs to get hands on and see first hand everything that is driving out good people like Stephanie.

Fanny hits it right on the head. We are now well below the minimum staffing needed to get on all the newscasts. There’s no indication that a reasonable reduction of newscasts (even for a temporary basis) so we don’t drive an already overworked team further into the ground.

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:52 pm

We? I thought you no longer worked there.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:02 pm

I no longer work at 25-66. I still work at 25-66.

I’m a disgruntled former employee. I’m a disgruntled current employee. I’m not one person.

I’ve worked behind the scenes. I’ve worked in front of the camera. I’m not working in news, but in a “news adjacent” role.

It really doesn’t matter who I am/we are. It doesn’t change the disaster that is Sinclair owned and operated WEYI-WSMH.

jmeltonwx

Post by jmeltonwx » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:31 pm

So, when do they pull the plug and just bring the South Bend Special up here?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:48 pm

25/66 brought to you from South Bend and will still be in last place in the Flint market. GM Becky going to anchor the newscast now didn't she use to be a sports anchor somewhere and always told the staff that? As Sinklair said many times. Along with the new ND as well or Armstrong Williams or that Lame guy as well I'm sure they'll want to anchor at 25/66 LMAO.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:34 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:02 pm
I no longer work at 25-66. I still work at 25-66.

I’m a disgruntled former employee. I’m a disgruntled current employee. I’m not one person.

I’ve worked behind the scenes. I’ve worked in front of the camera. I’m not working in news, but in a “news adjacent” role.

It really doesn’t matter who I am/we are. It doesn’t change the disaster that is Sinclair owned and operated WEYI-WSMH.
Cut the crap - you are one person.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:45 pm

I’m not a forensic linguist, but based on the posts it certainly seems like sink is one person.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:53 pm

The more things change, the more they stay the same: WEYI for 40+ years has consistently been a run-on-the-cheap operation with high turnover, regardless of who owned the place. When I was a Master Control Switcher at channel 25 from April to November 1980, approximately a third of the staff both on and off air quit. People either went to another market or left the business, as I did. (Is anyone still there from the Jon Bengston era?)

Webowlnow

Post by Webowlnow » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:22 pm

Bwahahaha

What a joke 25-66 is, no professionalism there whatsoever. It’s no wonder all of the good talent leaves. Good luck running your high school news channel.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic