Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another One Out the Door on Lapeer Rd

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
MasterB

Re: Another One Out the Door on Lapeer Rd

Post by MasterB » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:39 pm

I thought WSBT is home to out-of-market news for other Sinclair TV stations I know they do WNWO for Toledo wouldn't South Bend do Flint news for 25/66? I'm surprised that WWE hasn't sued Sinclair for putting a W in the NWO's name LOL :D.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:48 pm

I doubt WSBT has the capacity to take on another Sinclair newsroom. WWMT recently did upgrades. I wouldn’t doubt that hubbing out more newsrooms to further cut costs was part of their plan.

I doubt Sinclair would completely eliminate newscasts. But as more and more people leave 25-66 and it has been difficult to say the least to hire replacements, the Corporate Death Star might look at airing a statewide newscast using a bureau type arrangement with 25-66 originating out of Kalamazoo. Keep a few MMJs and call it a day. Eliminate 90% of the overhead.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:20 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:00 pm
No one is applying at any of the Flint stations. Time to start paying your current employees more. Stop with the stupid MMJ model and provide a reasonable workload. If they don’t start doing this… what do GMs and News Directors expect to happen? Your employees will continue to leave and hiring managers will get stuck with “talent” who aren’t ready to report at this level market. Flint news directors are the single biggest force in turning Flint into the Alpena of southern Michigan. The lack of real journalism will also ruin their ad sales. Who wants to continue to advertise on a poorly produced local newscast with dwindling ratings?
I'm very concerned with the lack of representation for the citizens of Flint. They need media to speak up for them and tell their stories. Look at the great work 12s Ann pierrette used to do. What a horrible disgrace to the city of the flint having some ND from texas run that station into the ground.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:31 am

Amen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic