Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

News director opening

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: News director opening

Post by sinklair » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:41 pm

Name one person of quality Neille hired in her two years as news director….

Now she’s expected to work her magic at a corporate level position.

This is the definition of being promoted to your highest level of incompetence.

Congrats Nexstar. You’ve potentially have even worse judgment than Sinclair.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:24 am

I thought you were pals with Neille Sinklair LOL.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:31 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:41 pm
Name one person of quality Neille hired in her two years as news director….

Now she’s expected to work her magic at a corporate level position.

This is the definition of being promoted to your highest level of incompetence.

Congrats Nexstar. You’ve potentially have even worse judgment than Sinclair.
What a vindictive loser you are...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:28 am

Master: you heard wrong. Neille doesn’t have work friends. She uses those relationships for her own personal advancement. When she’s done with you, she’ll discard you.

Matt: Thanks? Doesn’t sound like you disagree with my assessment so that’s why you are resorting to personal attacks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:43 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:28 am
Master: you heard wrong. Neille doesn’t have work friends. She uses those relationships for her own personal advancement. When she’s done with you, she’ll discard you.

Matt: Thanks? Doesn’t sound like you disagree with my assessment so that’s why you are resorting to personal attacks.
You're personally attacking the woman who finally gave you the boot.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:20 pm

Yeah! What Matt said!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:15 am

Matt and Dudley are spreading lies again. We have covered this in previous posts, so I won’t go into excessive detail, but you both know that I wasn’t fired. In fact, I was given a contract renewal by 25-66 management. It included a whole 1.5% yearly increase — what Sinclair was mandating salary increases to at the time. It was a slap in the face for those of us who literally kept the station on the air during the pandemic.

You said if I/we were so unhappy at the station that I/we should go find a new job. That’s exactly what I/we did. Now you’re attacking me/us for doing the same thing Neille did — walk away from Sinclair and find a better job.

But once again, instead of arguing the point about how badly 25-66 is run, you’d prefer to take shots at me.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:00 pm

Hey Stink! you are attacking a woman! I just made an observation.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:04 am

I always assumed you were a guy, Dudley.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:59 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:04 am
I always assumed you were a guy, Dudley.
The question I have is why do the Big Grand Goodbye Routine, and then start posting again? It's not the posting that bugs me, it's the dramatic "I'm leaving" crap.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:04 pm

Simple. People kept bashing me, then went on to criticize 25-66 for the same issues we were pointing out all along. If some of the Buzzboard posters weren’t so two-faced, I’d probably be enjoying my Buzzboard “retirement”. Instead, I’m pulled back by the mob to give my former colleagues a voice into the bad management practices by the corporate Death Star.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:36 am

She’s baaaaack!

Failed WNEM News Director Karin has moved into her new office in the failed WEYI Newsroom. The GM couldn’t even be bothered to write a welcome message. So on the day she showed up, the HR Director wrote an email that reads more like Karin’s obituary.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/ ... k-to-flint

Don’t get too comfortable, Karin. News directors don’t last too long at 25-66 before they get blamed for the lack of ratings… the inability of the Director of Declining Sales to raise revenue… the lack of local journalism being produced due to the small staff size…. And the low morale.

Good luck. You will need it.

Word of advice… keep your resume updated. No one believes that you’ll turn this place around, so expectations could not be lower — maybe you’ll surprise us.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:28 am

You see Karin around town Sinklair? Karin must like Flint why she come back if she didn't like it.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:52 am

Master: there’s only one reason why Karin is back in Flint. It’s not because of any love for Flint. It’s because she was run out of Kansas City and needed a job.

25-66 GM Becky was so desperate to find a replacement after Neille gave her notice that Becky didn’t really care about how divisive Karin was at 5.

Talk about making a bad newsroom culture even worse. While Karin didn’t create the problems at 25-66, she will be in charge of fixing them. And from her past experience, that is not Karin’s skill set.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:30 am

Karin isn't going to fix the culture at 25-66 and will not ever get to a major city to be ND since she didn't last a year in KC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic