Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Coverage of Jan. 6 Hearings

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Martin Stett

Re: Coverage of Jan. 6 Hearings

Post by Martin Stett » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:54 am
Fox 66/Sinclair Broadcasting will not carry the January 6th hearings on air today. That should tell you everything you need to know if you think that's the place to go for truth.
Nothing is more important than MasterChef Junior!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:31 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:20 pm
These hearings will be a complete snooze fest for prime time viewing.

FOX was smart in providing optional programming for its affiliates.
Why I hope ratings are a dud for the hearings as they should air in the morning/afternoon I find these hearings to be dull and boring why I don't watch them and would rather watch paint dry. Most Fox stations did take the hearings.

Fox News did air the hearings on Fox Business it wasn't like they didn't air the hearings and also on streaming as well Fox News can't win with the haters they are damn if they do damn if they don't.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:00 am

Bondy made sure to please the mothership pointing out that the committee used a production company to produce their videos.

Should we have 12 hour hearings and just play raw footage Dave? Do his unbiased newscasts not have producers?

Deleted User 15331

Post by Deleted User 15331 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:09 pm

I found the hearing interesting. It revealed information that Trump does not want to become public knowledge.
This is history in the making, folks. Pre-judging these proceedings without watching them is just wrong.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Midlandguy wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:09 pm
I found the hearing interesting. It revealed information that Trump does not want to become public knowledge.
This is history in the making, folks. Pre-judging these proceedings without watching them is just wrong.
Maybe, but I think that the main reason for the hearings is to do as much damage as possible to the Republicans in an election year.

Deleted User 15331

Post by Deleted User 15331 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:21 pm

The Republicans have done the damage to themselves.

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:14 pm
Constant Listener wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:32 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:28 am
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:50 am
Matt: since you seem to have an obsession with Sinklair, I will once again state that I am not him/her/them/it.

However, you once again fail to stay on topic. Is anything about my initial post factually incorrect? If the political slant of the story goes against WSMH, Sinclair, or Fox News’ talking points, they try to bury it. As Dave Bondy would say… I’m just “keeping it real”.
You are stink liar, and everyone knows it. You know longer work there, so get over it.
You no longer live in the Flint and Tri City market so what does it matter to you?

Your conservative political leanings are very obvious here, Bucko, when you minimize what the Fox network is doing
Switched accounts 4 minutes after the previous post to shit on me?

Keep voting how your union tells you like a good non-thinker!

Also, the dog and pony show is currently the top story on Foxnews.com which can be streamed live.
Paranoid much? 🙄🙄🙄

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:30 pm

Constant Listener wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:01 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:14 pm
Constant Listener wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:32 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:28 am
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:50 am
Matt: since you seem to have an obsession with Sinklair, I will once again state that I am not him/her/them/it.

However, you once again fail to stay on topic. Is anything about my initial post factually incorrect? If the political slant of the story goes against WSMH, Sinclair, or Fox News’ talking points, they try to bury it. As Dave Bondy would say… I’m just “keeping it real”.
You are stink liar, and everyone knows it. You know longer work there, so get over it.
You no longer live in the Flint and Tri City market so what does it matter to you?

Your conservative political leanings are very obvious here, Bucko, when you minimize what the Fox network is doing
Switched accounts 4 minutes after the previous post to shit on me?

Keep voting how your union tells you like a good non-thinker!

Also, the dog and pony show is currently the top story on Foxnews.com which can be streamed live.
Paranoid much? 🙄🙄🙄
This response doesn't make sense.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:27 am

MasterB wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:31 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Why I hope ratings are a dud for the hearings as they should air in the morning/afternoon I find these hearings to be dull and boring why I don't watch them and would rather watch paint dry. Most Fox stations did take the hearings.

Fox News did air the hearings on Fox Business it wasn't like they didn't air the hearings and also on streaming as well Fox News can't win with the haters they are damn if they do damn if they don't.
That’s why news stations shouldn’t make decisions based off ratings. If it’s news worthy, it should air. Period. End of story.

If you use the ratings analogy, it would be like a station manager deciding whether to air or not to air a tornado warning based on whether viewers of shows like The Masked Singer would want their program interrupted.

Stations have a FCC mandate to air news and weather programming to operate in the public interest. When you opt to not air newsworthy events due to solely financial considerations, Sinclair doesn’t deserve to continue to hold the operation license for stations like WSMH.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:09 am

Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:27 am
MasterB wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:31 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

That’s why news stations shouldn’t make decisions based off ratings. If it’s news worthy, it should air. Period. End of story.

If you use the ratings analogy, it would be like a station manager deciding whether to air or not to air a tornado warning based on whether viewers of shows like The Masked Singer would want their program interrupted.

Stations have a FCC mandate to air news and weather programming to operate in the public interest. When you opt to not air newsworthy events due to solely financial considerations, Sinclair doesn’t deserve to continue to hold the operation license for stations like WSMH.
They aired it on channel 25 Fox didn't mandate it to the stations which is a good thing. When a tornado warning happens they should have coverage of it and wall to wall until the warning has been dropped and return to primetime or a live event that is happening. Sinclair isn't going to lose its license because they didn't air Jan 6 hearings on their local Fox stations across the country.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:24 am

No Fox 66 won’t lose its license, but maybe they should. The FCC is a joke. They do very little enforcement. If they took their responsibility seriously, Sinclair would have lost its licenses years ago with the blatant violations that have occurred. Instead Sinclair laughs at the FCC, pays the fine, and buys more media properties.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:22 pm

Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:24 am
No Fox 66 won’t lose its license, but maybe they should. The FCC is a joke. They do very little enforcement. If they took their responsibility seriously, Sinclair would have lost its licenses years ago with the blatant violations that have occurred. Instead Sinclair laughs at the FCC, pays the fine, and buys more media properties.
No one is buying your attempted ruse, stink liar.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

kager

Post by kager » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:34 am

:roll:

WTF is a "news station", tulip?

Your bias blows any chance of logic or reason being your ally.

Suggesting a station lose their license based on not airing something all of the other stations are is fun, though...

You could take it a step further... go after the Weather Channel for showing a programme not related to weather... you'll make a mint.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:35 pm

Other than Byron Allen, does anyone watch The Weather Channel anymore?

Can’t believe anyone in a TV forum actually wants to defend Fox 66’s actions. They make LOTS of bad decisions. Stop trying to defend Fox 66. It makes you look foolish.

Plus, the bad quality and poor news judgment is kind of their thing. The station is a joke to the other stations. It’s a joke for many of the people who work there as well — understandable since they don’t even have minimal staffing to put on even a small market quality level newscast.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:43 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:35 pm
Other than Byron Allen, does anyone watch The Weather Channel anymore?

Can’t believe anyone in a TV forum actually wants to defend Fox 66’s actions. They make LOTS of bad decisions. Stop trying to defend Fox 66. It makes you look foolish.

Plus, the bad quality and poor news judgment is kind of their thing. The station is a joke to the other stations. It’s a joke for many of the people who work there as well — understandable since they don’t even have minimal staffing to put on even a small market quality level newscast.
Still bitter because they finally fired you, stink?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic