Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bajjey Gone

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Under New Management

Re: Bajjey Gone

Post by Under New Management » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 pm

Here’s today’s announcement:
https://tvnewscheck.com/journalism/arti ... impact-ep/

Sounds like a great start with the addition of Ahmad and Rachelle (formerly Spence) Graham — who were the morning anchors at 25-66.

It doesn’t sound like CBS 62 plans to hire a “Chief”.

It’s bigger problem will be the MMJ model. Detroit is a big market. It’s not Alpena. If the storytelling is significantly poorer than WXYZ, WDIV, and WJBK, you can expect this to be another failed experiment by the head honchos at the Tiffany Network.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:16 pm

These days most people tune in for the weather more than the news. With Ahmad and Kylie's presentation (especially Ahmad), I think the station's newscasts will eventually do well.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:37 pm

Kylie is a joke. She was despised during her time at WNEM. She’s burned bridges at every station she’s been at. She’s not a team player and she’s not very good at forecasting, despite her “CBM” certification.

I agree with the importance of weather. But Detroit viewers aren’t going to change the channel for Ahmad if the rest of the product is minor league.

Jack5o2soco

Post by Jack5o2soco » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:16 am

Under New Management wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:37 pm
Kylie is a joke. She was despised during her time at WNEM. She’s burned bridges at every station she’s been at. She’s not a team player and she’s not very good at forecasting, despite her “CBM” certification.

I agree with the importance of weather. But Detroit viewers aren’t going to change the channel for Ahmad if the rest of the product is minor league.
Minor league is right. Hiring talent from a bottom feeder station isn't showing you're coming out swinging.

OnTopic

Post by OnTopic » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 am

Good talent can come from anywhere, low ranked stations included. Seems to me he was smart for recognizing 25/66 for what it was and getting out.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:59 pm

OnTopic wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 am
Good talent can come from anywhere, low ranked stations included. Seems to me he was smart for recognizing 25/66 for what it was and getting out.
Exactly. I really do think as word gets around, more people will tune to Ahmad for weather. I'm not a fan of the delivery from most of the meteorologists in Detroit. To me, Ahmad has a presence that not many outdo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic