Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Producers Wanted

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Producers Wanted

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:14 am

So I once had a journalism professor tell me if I wanted to guarantee a job in TV news, I should become a newscast producer. There is high demand for producers and a lack of candidates.

So, the Corporate Death Star’s answer to this industry wide problem? Holding a two- hour long “boot camp” featuring Sinclair executives.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ry-12-2022

Not sure what anyone will learn in two hours… other than Sinclair brainwashing. Wonder if they are going to tell prospective news producers about their industry low pay rates, or how they will sue you to enforce their non-competes and prevent you from going to bigger markets, or how you’ll be forced to run “must run” corporate propaganda?

Dudley

Re: Producers Wanted

Post by Dudley » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:20 pm

When Sinclair first took over, one of their big swingin dicks held a meeting in the newsroom. The first thing he did was take off his thick glasses so he couldn't see anyone. That was ok by me cause I took out my hearing aids so I couldn't hear him!

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:56 am

Before you take a job, research the company and station. I'm not a fan of Tenga or Sinclair. Stay away. Just look at TV25. Its never been a winner. It's the Detroit Lions of news. TV 13 Grand Rapids, now under Byron Allen, a revolving door under Tenga. Still hasn't recovered from the Price Communications ownership.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:06 am

TEGNA still owns WZZM Byron Allen hasn't bought TEGNA yet.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic