Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bria Jones

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Bria Jones

Post by sinklair » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:41 am

Another top notch journalist has left the very vacant halls of 25-66.

Bria Jones starts a new job at WREG in Memphis next week. Here’s what she posted yesterday…

“THANK YOU MID-MICHIGAN ❤️
This Thanksgiving I’m extra grateful for the time I was able to work and serve the communities of mid-Michigan.
Two years ago, I was preparing to drive to Flint unsure of what the future had in store for me, but trusting and listening to God’s plan along the way. Taking a leap of faith and moving to Michigan turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. But, as the saying goes all good things must come to an end.
Last weekend, I had a “bittersweet goodbye” party in Downtown Flint at Blackstone’s. It was a blessing to be able to spend a little time with some of the people who helped make my experience here unforgettable.
I want to say thank you to everyone that welcomed me into their hearts and homes. To all the grieving mothers, people seeking help and those brave enough to speak up in the midst of tragedy and wrongdoing.... I just want to say from the bottom of my heart that I appreciate every one of you for trusting me to share your story — it was both an honor and privilege. ❤️
As for what’s next, stay with me as I start my new journey as a reporter for WREG News Channel 3 in Memphis on Monday. 🙏🏽
Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃🍽🍁❤️

What’s interesting is who couldn’t be bothered (any of 25-66’s management) to show up to thank one of the kindest, hardest workers at the station.

Managers keep saying “employees don’t quit their jobs, they quit bad managers.” That’s one thing we can agree upon. Too bad 25-66’s top managers don’t do anything about it. Hopefully a new GM cleans house here.

Luke

Re: Bria Jones

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:54 am

Bria was great. I was Impressed the first time I saw her on air and she only got better over the next two years. Best of luck to her!

sinklair

Re: Bria Jones

Post by sinklair » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:58 am

And now one of our best producers — who most viewers don’t know, but who do a lot of the heavy lifting behind the scenes — is leaving for a big market jump to West Palm Beach.

Of course, she’s not going to the Sinclair station there… instead jumping to the Scripps station.

Best of luck to Honda.

But it once again shows the inability for our In Over Her Head News Director or our HR Director/Grilled Cheese Party Planner to do their bibs to keep good talent happy so they stick around longer than one contract cycle.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic