Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Genesee Valley Mall shooting (NBC 25)

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
matt1

Genesee Valley Mall shooting (NBC 25)

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:14 am

NBC 25 screwed it up again!! :barf

sfpcc1

Re: Genesee Valley Mall shooting (NBC 25)

Post by sfpcc1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:01 am

I thought they weren't any more malls left?

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 am

Just got done watching Sunday Today - complete screwup. No local commercials, no local news blip or local weather forecast. Kept getting the Sunday Today network logo and music. I realize this is probably a out sourced master control issue but c’mon….

NoozDude

Post by NoozDude » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:35 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 am
Just got done watching Sunday Today - complete screwup. No local commercials, no local news blip or local weather forecast. Kept getting the Sunday Today network logo and music. I realize this is probably a out sourced master control issue but c’mon….
Just speculation on my part but based on what you observed this morning, this doesn’t sound like this is an MCR issue. I’m pretty sure NBC25’s MCR is NOT outsourced. In fact, they are actually a “hub” for several other Sinclair stations with a control room and tech facility with backup power and program redundancy.This sounds more like a massive failure of the STL between Pierson Road and their Clio transmitter site. In an emergency situation like this, the engineering team could, by design, route a feed of NBC programming directly to the transmitter while they troubleshot the problem back at the station. That would explain why you saw nothing but a “clean feed” of “Sunday Today” minus local commercials and news/weather cut ins which, normally, would originate from the Pierson Road studios.
My suspicion that this may be the case is given further probability when you know that the FOX66 religious program that was supposed to air at about the same time you were watching Today, was replaced by a “Technical Difficulties” graphic.

jmeltonwx

Post by jmeltonwx » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:03 pm

NoozDude wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:35 pm
Realist wrote:
Just speculation on my part but based on what you observed this morning, this doesn’t sound like this is an MCR issue. I’m pretty sure NBC25’s MCR is NOT outsourced. In fact, they are actually a “hub” for several other Sinclair stations with a control room and tech facility with backup power and program redundancy.This sounds more like a massive failure of the STL between Pierson Road and their Clio transmitter site. In an emergency situation like this, the engineering team could, by design, route a feed of NBC programming directly to the transmitter while they troubleshot the problem back at the station. That would explain why you saw nothing but a “clean feed” of “Sunday Today” minus local commercials and news/weather cut ins which, normally, would originate from the Pierson Road studios.
My suspicion that this may be the case is given further probability when you know that the FOX66 religious program that was supposed to air at about the same time you were watching Today, was replaced by a “Technical Difficulties” graphic.
That would be because of an alleged hack of some sorts at the Sinclair stations, per FTVLive. https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/ ... ber-attack

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:32 pm

jmeltonwx wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:03 pm
NoozDude wrote:
Realist wrote:
That would be because of an alleged hack of some sorts at the Sinclair stations, per FTVLive. https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/ ... ber-attack
Now that just CRACKS ME UP! Have they not invested in a premium anti malware program?

organman95

Post by organman95 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:34 pm

jmeltonwx wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:03 pm
NoozDude wrote:
Realist wrote:
Take video with your phone and edit it with iMovie. Real pro stuff right there.

Herm

Post by Herm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:47 pm

A long time ago, I was working in MCR on a Sunday morning. I was really hung over, fell asleep, and missed the first manually triggered local break. Since that break never ran, the other timed breaks and WX updates never got cued up and they didn’t run either. Thankfully, I woke up right before the next show was supposed to start and got it all back on track.
I learned a lot that day.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 am

By the way, the Flint shooting is NOT in the nationwide news whatsoever. (except for Michigan)

mr v

Post by mr v » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 am

matt1 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:14 am
NBC 25 screwed it up again!! :barf
How did they screw it up?

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 am

There had to be some sort of feed issue. I saw the same infomercial on 25.1, 25.2,25.3, and 25.4 at the same time. I went to 46, and saw the same thing on all subchannels. It lasted for a while.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:03 am

matt1 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 am
By the way, the Flint shooting is NOT in the nationwide news whatsoever. (except for Michigan)
There was some local coverage on out of state stations.

BTW, technically, Genesee Valley Mall is in Flint Township, not Flint.

Probably, the national perception is that Flint is gone, why report it?

The total population of Genseee County population is still over 400,000. Whereas in 1960, Flint constituted over half of the County Population, today it's less than 20%. Most of the people who left Flint just moved to the out county areas. The more affluent moved to Grand Blanc and Grand Blanc Township, and areas straddling Oakland County line near the Ascension Medical Office Development areas , Fenton and Fenton Township, and Tyrone Township in Livingston County for the most elite. Some moved to Independence Township, hopping over Holly and Holly Township.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic