Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

No posts about radio

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
bobhuge

Re: No posts about radio

Post by bobhuge » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:23 am

Well, from being in it, there's really not as much drama and controversy (anymore), due to the rigid format controls that are in place. That's probably part of the lack of discussion...some enjoy the dumpster diving for topics.

Personally, it's interesting to hear the different takes on the industry. Being a small, rural indie, yet part of a small corporate structure, as long as we're making the deposits on a regular basis while continuing to drive out cost we are left alone.

8 of the 9 stations we operate, are canned national formats. Some have national morning shows, some do not. Only one of our classic rock stations is operating free of any controls, and it's having some of its had some of our best years, lately. We rotate 2500 plus songs on a regular basis and include local bands' music.

The sales market has changed due to emerging media, some of which we've brought into our product line. Talent definitely is not as encouraged, nor is it as publicly engaged, anymore. Manpower is a luxury we don't get, today.

OH, btw, I'm at WIDL, 92.1 FM - you can listen on tunein or android app.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:38 pm

bobhuge wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:23 am
Well, from being in it, there's really not as much drama and controversy (anymore), due to the rigid format controls that are in place. That's probably part of the lack of discussion...some enjoy the dumpster diving for topics.

Personally, it's interesting to hear the different takes on the industry. Being a small, rural indie, yet part of a small corporate structure, as long as we're making the deposits on a regular basis while continuing to drive out cost we are left alone.

8 of the 9 stations we operate, are canned national formats. Some have national morning shows, some do not. Only one of our classic rock stations is operating free of any controls, and it's having some of its had some of our best years, lately. We rotate 2500 plus songs on a regular basis and include local bands' music.

The sales market has changed due to emerging media, some of which we've brought into our product line. Talent definitely is not as encouraged, nor is it as publicly engaged, anymore. Manpower is a luxury we don't get, today.

Bob, your station has been coming in clearer than before in Tawas. I love the OH WOW factor in your 2500+ song playlist. I’m guessing your station is the one free of controls.

Your sister station in Oscoda, Thunder Rock 100.7, has Free Beer and Hot Wings in the mornings which frankly isn’t funny anymore IMO. Their recent change of satellite radio providers has improved their sound.

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:46 am

Realist wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:38 pm
bobhuge wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:23 am

Bob, your station has been coming in clearer than before in Tawas. I love the OH WOW factor in your 2500+ song playlist. I’m guessing your station is the one free of controls.

Your sister station in Oscoda, Thunder Rock 100.7, has Free Beer and Hot Wings in the mornings which frankly isn’t funny anymore IMO. Their recent change of satellite radio providers has improved their sound.
Thanks, we have fun listening and programming. We replaced the xmtr last fall, so it certainly helps getting it over there...some days. lol.

Yeah, they do their thing up there. I've really never listened to FB&HW, maybe on occasion on the way through, but prefer music, myself.

DanaMarshall

Post by DanaMarshall » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:06 pm

gotigers wrote:
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 am
With the exception of sports and all news stations, what's the chances most listeners in the 21st century don't want to hear gums flapping in the breeze? They would prefer just one song after another?
No morning show(gasp). No weather. No traffic. Just one song after another, with just enough commercials to pay the bills and make a bit of a profit. And break the commercials up, don't play 12 in a row.
How many listeners in a car hit the preset as soon as the song is over, and someone starts talking?
Me! I'm not in the Flint area, so I don't have much opinion on what's going on over there, but over in Kalamazoo I've been listening to the new Hits 96.5 quite a bit precisely because they have a playlist similar to WKFR but they talk a lot less and the commercials don't last as long. I only have a 10-15 commute each day, and I'd rather spend that time listening to music than hearing someone talk about something I don't really care about.
How’s it going at Midwest? And why are you trying to promote your station on a radio board? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic