Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Critical Race Theory Town Hall

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Critical Race Theory Town Hall

Post by sinklair » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:08 pm

Once again, instead of focusing on the real issues facing our communities, Fox News wannabe Sinclair Broadcasting forces its local stations —including 25-66 — to air a national town hall on critical race theory.

https://www.mediamatters.org/sinclair-b ... even-worse

Not that any local school districts are actually using this curriculum approach, but those are details that don’t matter to SBG.

Sinclair chooses to stir up controversy instead of investing in its local news operations.

Deleted User 15555

Re: Critical Race Theory Town Hall

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:23 am

Matthew Smith may have some thoughts if you all need an interview.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:55 pm

Critical Race Theory should only be a personal choice class as junior or senior year in high school have at it in college lower grades shouldn't be forced to be taught critical race theory. I don't like school boards censoring the parents that say no we don't want critical race theory in school to show the board they are cowards and don't want parents challenging them. I'm not watching the special whenever that airs will get 0.0 in the ratings just like ROH, Armstrong Williams, etc.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:44 am

BTS: Matthew Smith most definitely has some thoughts on the topic that no one cares to hear.

MasterB: The point is no one is teaching CRT in Michigan. It’s a red herring. I agree that it shouldn’t be a requirement. But where I differ with you is that politically motivated groups shouldn’t decide education standards, teachers should decide what they teach.

And yes, chalk this program up to a long list of Sinclair programs that won’t get any ratings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:56 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:44 am
But where I differ with you is that politically motivated groups shouldn’t decide education standards, teachers should decide what they teach.
Where Sinklair once again contradicts himself.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Martin Stett

Post by Martin Stett » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:47 pm

The current joke is that if your kid is studying CRT, congratulations. The only place it's being taught is in grad school or law school, where nearly all students are old enough to vote; presumably they're old enough to discern for themselves. It's one tool to understand why some laws are made. Without it, the 3/5 compromise makes no sense.
That's in reality. In FoxWorld, it's anything that makes their viewers uncomfortable about US History.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:15 pm

The theory of Critical Race Theory is similar to the theory of Ebonics 30 years ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic