Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How STUPID is Fox 66 and NBC 25?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Realist

How STUPID is Fox 66 and NBC 25?

Post by Realist » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 pm

Started watching The Big Bang Theory at 6pm tonight. Volume was down on the TV and I really wasn’t paying attention when my wife comes out of the other room after a few minutes and asks why it sounded strange. We turn up the volume - they’re broadcasting the episode in Spanish! I switch to several other channels thinking I may have hit something to change it to Espanol - nope, all in English.

I call the main number to FOX66 and speak to someone on the News and Sports extension. She asks if I did something to my TV when I switched to 66. I tell her no. She says that they’ve gotten this complaint before. She says she’s looking at TBBT and it’s supposedly fine. I literally change the channel to their sister station CW14 and all is fine.

I turn TBBT back on at 7pm for the second episode. Guess what? In Spanish again! 🙄🙄🙄 It’s not my TV as I checked another TV in my house and it’s doing the same thing

I can see why Sinklair doesn’t have much good to say about his employer

UPDATE: Two and a half men started out in English but switched to Spanish after about 90 seconds 😳

sinklair

Re: How STUPID is Fox 66 and NBC 25?

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:41 pm

Realist, the next time you encounter any programming issue, call 810-785-8866 and ask for Chief Engineer Chris Harris or someone in the Engineering Department. The news team should have immediately connected you with an engineer immediately to diagnose the problem. And our Master Control operators are supposed to be actively monitoring program audio to make sure audio channels aren’t switched.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:03 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:41 pm
Realist, the next time you encounter any programming issue, call 810-785-8866 and ask for Chief Engineer Chris Harris or someone in the Engineering Department. The news team should have immediately connected you with an engineer immediately to diagnose the problem. And our Master Control operators are supposed to be actively monitoring program audio to make sure audio channels aren’t switched.
It just pissed me off, as the response from whoever answered seemed to somewhat minimize this...then it just continued....

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:44 pm

Yeah, completely understand your frustration. They completely dropped the ball.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:56 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:41 pm
The news team should have immediately connected you with an engineer immediately to diagnose the problem. And our Master Control operators are supposed to be actively monitoring program audio to make sure audio channels aren’t switched.
Supposed to, and actively doing are often two different things.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 pm

A while back, I saw 'Two Broke Girls' being broadcast in Spanish several times. Not sure which station. Other shows on that station were in English.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm

OMG IT’S HAPPENING AGAIN!

Got thru on the News / Sports line again and asked for engineering department. Different woman answering phone tried them and their line was busy. I advised them of the problem and told them it was second day it was happening. She asked if it was on other channels or just on 66. Told her it was just on 66 and that while all the commercials were in English, the show wasn’t. She apologized and took a message for the engineering department

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:00 pm

7pm episode is in English! 👍👍👍👍👍👍

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:57 pm

I'll give 'em credit for at least taking your phone call, Realist.

How many radio stations would be answering the phone outside of business hours in this day & age?

I do agree it's embarrassing the issue occurred in the first place. Someone in master control wasn't paying attention evidently.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Realist: I hope the engineers give you a call back ASAP. We are told that everyone at 25-66 is supposed to be in the “customer service business”. We have 5 engineers, I can’t believe they were all on phones. I also can’t believe that the person answering the phone couldn’t walk down the hallway to get someone to answer your call. It’s this type of laziness that makes us all look bad. Two days in a row you call and don’t get any follow up... SMH

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:57 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:30 pm
Realist: I hope the engineers give you a call back ASAP. We are told that everyone at 25-66 is supposed to be in the “customer service business”. We have 5 engineers, I can’t believe they were all on phones. I also can’t believe that the person answering the phone couldn’t walk down the hallway to get someone to answer your call. It’s this type of laziness that makes us all look bad. Two days in a row you call and don’t get any follow up... SMH
I didn’t leave my name or phone number as I figured that the message would suffice. Thankfully it did

NoozDude

Post by NoozDude » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:18 am

Realist wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 pm
Started watching The Big Bang Theory at 6pm tonight. Volume was down on the TV and I really wasn’t paying attention when my wife comes out of the other room after a few minutes and asks why it sounded strange. We turn up the volume - they’re broadcasting the episode in Spanish! I switch to several other channels thinking I may have hit something to change it to Espanol - nope, all in English.
Realist (et al).....I might have an explanation for what happened that night. By chance is your provider DirecTV? I’m told the problem originated with a piece of equipment at the DirecTV head end, not the NBC25 Master Control. When the person took your call in the newsroom and said he/she checked with MCR and the engineer confirmed everything sounded/looked OK, they were telling the truth. The MCR operator(s) were not asleep at the wheel. The NBC25 broadcast was airing correctly. This also makes sense since, if the problem originated at NBC25, there would have been hundreds of calls to the newsroom from frustrated cable subscribers which was not the case that night. When it became apparent the problem was at the DirecTV head end, they were notified and they corrected their technical issue.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Yes, my provider is DirecTV. It’s happening again right now and I’ve contacted them….

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon May 03, 2021 11:42 pm

If News dude had the answer, then the real question is, why didn't Stinkliar? :lol:

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue May 04, 2021 6:18 am

Ummm... maybe because I don’t work in the Engineering Department. Bad on me for suggesting the viewer to call our Chief Engineer directly to get his problem resolved. With LL101/Biden Girl banned again, I guess Dudley is trying to pick up the mantle of biggest Buzzboard troll...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic