Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Sinclair Morning Show

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
notebookandapen

New Sinclair Morning Show

Post by notebookandapen » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Watched the new broadcast this morning and came away with a few things. First, it looks and feels like 25/66: same graphics and the bar on the side sponsored by Hurley. This was on while the other local morning shows were on, so why would I watch? I want LOCAL news, sports and especially weather. Not impressed.

DAC

Re: New Sinclair Morning Show

Post by DAC » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:06 pm

I don't understand the need for all the local morning shows and the emphasis on having the weather every 8 minutes so people can be prepared before heading out the door. Do so few people have smartphones and 20 seconds to check the weather that they have to rely on the television and the local clowns doing their dog and pony shows? I guess if that's what you need, there are still two other stations to watch.

Just a curiosity: Why do the anchors have their coffee mugs on the desk for the morning show? At 5 PM you don't see them with a beer or a martini sitting there. Although, that would be pretty funny. On 5, Meg could have a scotch on the rocks on the desk,and Custer could have a banana daiquiri with a couple of little umbrellas stuck in it.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:55 pm

DAC: consultants, corporate managers and researchers have come up with the schemes of having more and more weather. While I agree that weather is important and impacts all of our viewers, we simply overdo it. Meteorologists repeat themselves all morning long. There’s nothing you can’t get on apps. They crawl the weather forecast constantly. Unless there’s severe weather, frankly we don’t need more than a short forecast every half hour.

Martin Stett

Post by Martin Stett » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:05 am

Weather: someone turns on the TV looking for weather--and if they're travelling, they want to know what it's going to be like in Alpena, too. And if they don't find it right away on 66, they'll go to 5, or 12. That clicking is why. Not everyone sits down for half an hour to watch the news.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic