Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

White Nationalism

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

White Nationalism

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:57 am

It’s never a good thing when your company is accused of spreading white nationalism in its national must run stories...

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/ ... ationalist

Even when another company does this crap, Sinclair’s reputation is so bad that we get linked to spreading one-sided, racist messages in our local newscasts.

Sinclair’s “national desk” needs to be shut down immediately... and so-called “national correspondents” like Kristine Frazao need to be fired. Until that happens, 25-66’s In Over Her Head News Director needs to cease airing these segments in our local newscasts.

km1125

Re: White Nationalism

Post by km1125 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:22 am

ALL those people who work there and take advantage of the pay and benefits are just as much of the problem as those on-air folks.

Yes, including you.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:53 pm

Km: please elaborate.

I know I’m not consulted or have any involvement or say in the national must-run propaganda that Sinclair — and handed down by our In Over Her Head News Director— forces us to run in our local newscasts. You can’t even say I’ve been silent about the ethical issues surrounding this practice.

Not sure how I’m “taking advantage” of pay and benefits. I’m hired to do a job. I do it. I get paid to cover local news/weather/sports.

If you’ve got a problem with Sinclair’s one sided stories (like I do) I encourage you to write/call our new GM, Jennifer Rieffer, at 810-785-8866 or jrieffer@sbgtv.com. You can also write VP of “News” Scott Livingston at slivingston@sbgtv.com or Lame Michaelsen at lhmichaelsen@sbgtv.com.

Not that it will make a difference... but they are supposed to operate 25-66 in “the public interest” according to the FCC. So the least they should do is hear from you, the viewers we serve.

G G

Post by G G » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:17 pm

If you have better ideas on the direction that programming should take, then how about you stand up and make some suggestions?

What you are doing here is attempting to brigade a personal army that will fight your battles for you. Let me tell you a little story son, and maybe you will understand some things a little better. When I was a kid, about 8 years old, we would play cowboys and indians in the playground behind the school. I wasn't always in charge, but when I wasn't in charge I wouldn't run to another group of children and cry until they came over and demanded that everyone listen to me. That's exactly what you are doing right now. So either learn to follow the lead or get out of the way because what they are doing is more productive than anything you libs have in mind.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:11 am

GG: it’s pretty simple... do unbiased journalism. Stop airing one-sided, biased stories.

I don’t subscribe to your theory that only station or corporate officials get a say in how to run our local newscasts. If they don’t like our advocacy, I’ll encourage the new Sinclair GM, the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director, the In Over Her Head News Director, the Director of Declining Sales, the HR Director/Party Planner to follow your advice... to quit or get out of the way of progress. Because we’re not going away and we’re done being quiet about the mismanagement of our local newscasts. Sinclair and its hand picked management team are responsible for the current state of affairs, low morale, last place ratings, declining revenue and malpractice of responsible and ethical journalism.

G G

Post by G G » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:59 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:11 am
GG: it’s pretty simple... do unbiased journalism. Stop airing one-sided, biased stories.

I don’t subscribe to your theory that only station or corporate officials get a say in how to run our local newscasts. If they don’t like our advocacy, I’ll encourage the new Sinclair GM, the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director, the In Over Her Head News Director, the Director of Declining Sales, the HR Director/Party Planner to follow your advice... to quit or get out of the way of progress. Because we’re not going away and we’re done being quiet about the mismanagement of our local newscasts. Sinclair and its hand picked management team are responsible for the current state of affairs, low morale, last place ratings, declining revenue and malpractice of responsible and ethical journalism.
don't whine about it here, talk to them. you sound like a coward afraid to confront people with more power than you.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm

I just want to mention TV 25's ratings were in the toilet loooooong before Sinclair showed up. If anything, the ratings were likely worse back then than today.

For the most part, the local news operations I've seen from Sinclair-owned stations are not shabby. WWMT in Kalamazoo and TV 7&4 in Traverse City each put out a solid product, and TV 25 has improved under Sinclair's ownership. WEYI was a ten alarm dumpster fire when Barrington owned it.

I will say I cannot stand the NBC 25 / Fox 66 mic flags. Very tacky looking.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 pm

Sinklair worked for 25 when it was under Barrington before Sinclair took over 25/66? Why don't you go and talk to Chris Ripley or David D. Smith I'm sure they'll like hearing what is happening at 25/66.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 am

MW: I don’t disagree that 25’s ratings were horrendous under Barrington. But in the six years since Sinclair has owned us, things haven’t improved. In fact, since Sinclair took over production of the 10pm news from WNEM, ratings have only gotten worse. This is a station without a clear direction about how to fix its ratings problems. And that is a failure of management.

I can’t disagree more about our Kzoo and TC stations. They both lag far behind WOOD and 9&10 in ratings in their respective markets. The only advantage they have is they’ve carved out a focused area in their DMA (Kalamazoo and Battle Creek vs Grand Rapids and Traverse City vs Cadillac) where they can focus their sales efforts.

That’s an area 25-66 hasnt been able to crack — either in ratings or revenue. WNEM owns ratings and revenue in Saginaw-Bay-Midland counties. WJRT owns ratings-revenue in Genesee county. That’s a trend that has been consistent since Sinclair combined 25-66 operations. And the margins are only getting worse.

Using your own words, we still are a dumpster fire... only with a better set.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:54 am

GG: I don’t think advocating for unbiased journalism is “whining”. As I’ve mentioned many times before, we’ve gone to management (both current and past) about our concerns and ideas. Management is only concerned about running the “Sinclair playbook” and saving their own jobs.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:17 am

If you want to know how bad it’s gotten, our “digital manager” and main anchor Dave Bondy is more focused on building his own brand than the station’s. You won’t see a discussion of Trump or Biden on “Dishes with Dave”

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:45 pm

25 has been #4 in a three horse race for the last 40 years. Nothing new there.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:43 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:17 am
If you want to know how bad it’s gotten, our “digital manager” and main anchor Dave Bondy is more focused on building his own brand than the station’s. You won’t see a discussion of Trump or Biden on “Dishes with Dave”
If Dave (and also including Mike) are smart, they’re trying to leave. While I’m sure Dave is being paid decent money to leave a major market to come back to his spouses hometown area, it has to be obvious to him that he got sucked into a cluster F operation.

And TV5, IMO, only owns the Tri County region in ratings and revenue for one reason - their long heritage of past quality newscasts. They’ve been going way downhill in quality reporters for years. They only have a couple of anchors (Frank, Meg) who are decent. The rest are “you get what you pay for” quality.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:23 pm

Dave was brought in by the previous news director. He was hung out to dry with the corporate wide promo that Dave and Stephanie were made to read... and that blew up in their face when it went viral in a very bad way.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-a ... 1824233490

Bondy and Woolfolk will split as soon as there is an opening in their contracts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic