Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 6 at 7:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Racist Hiring Practices

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Racist Hiring Practices

Post by sinklair » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:02 am

A reckoning at local TV stations is coming...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-execut ... -comments/

This is the new 2021 version of the Me Too movement. And local TV stations like 25-66 which have refuse to hire and promote persons of color to key leadership positions need to be held to account.

Right now, the GM, News Director, Executive Producer, Chief Photographer, Digital Manager, all but 1 news anchor, Special Projects Manager, Sports Director, Promotions Director, News Promotions Manager, Creative Services Director, Chief Engineer, Master Control Supervisor, IT Manager, Programming Director, Director of Sales, Local Sales Manager, National Sales, Digital Sales Manager, Business Manager, Human Resources Director... all white. In a city that is as diverse as Flint, you can’t tell me with a straight face that you can’t find, recruit, hire, train or promote talented minorities for these roles? Really?

Persons of color have systematically been passed over at 25-66 for opportunities for advancement. Managers will use code words like “we want you to stay around, but can’t promote you at this time” to string you along or know that you’ll just get frustrated enough to seek other opportunities.

A complaint filed with the NABJ local chapter has been largely ignored. I can only assume because some of the board/executive team have connections with 25-66 snd don’t want to ruffle feathers.

That’s despite the NABJ Flint-Saginaw chapter recently posting this gem of an article on its Facebook page:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/nabj-pres ... jkevDtWU#x

The lack of diversity efforts lands on the HR Director who has done nothing. In fact her lack of effort was rewarded with a regional job also overseeing SBG Traverse City station’s lack of diversity efforts.

When you bring up the issue, you tend not to get your contract renewed or move on from 25-66. So, let’s keep this a secret between you and me, OK?



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by TeddyBear » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:21 am

This is also an LGBTQ issue with almost EVERY radio and TV station. Speculation/opinion networks seem to be the exception beyond gossip magazines on TV. You cannot point out just 1 injustice, without pointing out all of them.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

sinklair
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:01 am

Teddy: you are correct. While 5 and 12 employ prominent LGBT anchors, 25-66 did not renew the contract of one of its anchors who was out and proud. Not saying she was let go because she was gay... however there definitely isn’t a workplace culture at 25-66 supportive of minorities.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by TeddyBear » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:30 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:01 am
Teddy: you are correct. While 5 and 12 employ prominent LGBT anchors, 25-66 did not renew the contract of one of its anchors who was out and proud. Not saying she was let go because she was gay... however there definitely isn’t a workplace culture at 25-66 supportive of minorities.
Ok LL... just because you see it somewhere, does not mean it does not happen elsewhere and under different circumstances. It is also an LGBTQAI problem. And since you claimed to be LGBTQ a few summers ago LL, you know this.

PS: I'm only saying what some of us are thinking. A guy blasting his own employer, while not going through proper channels, including HR. Looks just like LL101. The others are too wimpy to say it. I'm not.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

User avatar
Herm
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:31 am

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by Herm » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:24 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:30 pm

PS: I'm only saying what some of us are thinking. A guy blasting his own employer, while not going through proper channels, including HR. Looks just like LL101. The others are too wimpy to say it. I'm not.
Um... are you new? Is this your first day?



sinklair
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:48 pm

Teddy: I guarantee you I am not LL. But that gave me a good chuckle.

If you’ve read my previous posts, you’d know that I have gone through the proper channels, including my direct supervisor, my department head, the General Manager and Human Resources... all to no avail. That 25-66 management chooses not to fix the problems doesn’t mean that I should have to be quiet about the issues that have led to low morale and high turnover. Many people are extremely frustrated. And while not all of them are willing to put their neck out, they are glad that I am.

Will my speaking out on the Buzzboard fix everything that’s wrong on Pierson Road or with Sinclair? Maybe not. But it still doesn’t invalidate the issues I’ve described.

The supervisory team that is in place has been responsible for many years of low ratings and low revenue. Unless the new GM is willing to clear house and put in a new set of managers, these stations will continue to be bottom feeders.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by TeddyBear » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:28 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:48 pm
Teddy: I guarantee you I am not LL. But that gave me a good chuckle.

If you’ve read my previous posts, you’d know that I have gone through the proper channels, including my direct supervisor, my department head, the General Manager and Human Resources... all to no avail. That 25-66 management chooses not to fix the problems doesn’t mean that I should have to be quiet about the issues that have led to low morale and high turnover. Many people are extremely frustrated. And while not all of them are willing to put their neck out, they are glad that I am.

Will my speaking out on the Buzzboard fix everything that’s wrong on Pierson Road or with Sinclair? Maybe not. But it still doesn’t invalidate the issues I’ve described.

The supervisory team that is in place has been responsible for many years of low ratings and low revenue. Unless the new GM is willing to clear house and put in a new set of managers, these stations will continue to be bottom feeders.
FYI: Working for them means you are endorsing the behavior. And 101, you're not fooling anyone.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by TeddyBear » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:31 pm

Herm wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:24 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:30 pm

PS: I'm only saying what some of us are thinking. A guy blasting his own employer, while not going through proper channels, including HR. Looks just like LL101. The others are too wimpy to say it. I'm not.
Um... are you new? Is this your first day?
Hell no. Do you not remember me years ago before the data dump? Before LL101 came up with so many names? It's the same whack shit, without the gay or victim references.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by TeddyBear » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:36 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:48 pm
Teddy: I guarantee you I am not LL. But that gave me a good chuckle.

If you’ve read my previous posts, you’d know that I have gone through the proper channels, including my direct supervisor, my department head, the General Manager and Human Resources... all to no avail. That 25-66 management chooses not to fix the problems doesn’t mean that I should have to be quiet about the issues that have led to low morale and high turnover. Many people are extremely frustrated. And while not all of them are willing to put their neck out, they are glad that I am.

Will my speaking out on the Buzzboard fix everything that’s wrong on Pierson Road or with Sinclair? Maybe not. But it still doesn’t invalidate the issues I’ve described.

The supervisory team that is in place has been responsible for many years of low ratings and low revenue. Unless the new GM is willing to clear house and put in a new set of managers, these stations will continue to be bottom feeders.
So LL101: If you are now a minority this year, why have you not sued? You know you could own Sinclair. If not, there are other media outlets that would hear you and keep you secret.

But if you are not directly effected or happy there- find new employment. Until you do, you are not accomplishing anything.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

sinklair
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:25 pm

Teddy: nice attempt at baiting. Nice attempt at diversion.

Everyone knows who LL101 is. He’s a disgruntled former 25-66, former TV5, current M-Live employee.

As I have said before, I am directly affected as a current 25-66 employee. I am a good employee. I do my job and according to my last performance review, I do a good job. Why should I quit? Why is it wrong for me to ask the management at 25-66 to do their job to improve working conditions, improve the quality of journalism, improve the current low pay, to hire a diverse news team (especially in management ranks) that reflect the communities we cover, and to not just accept that we have to run the corporate propaganda and one-sided BS that make Sinclair a national disgrace and result in constant viewer complaints and advertisers who refuse to spend money on our stations?

The managers who run our station into the ground are largely held unaccountable for their decisions that have led to low ratings and low revenue. I (and many of my colleagues) believe that needs to change.

You can criticize me all you want for taking this approach to calling out my station. But I find it amusing that you and others refuse to debate the facts/the substance of why 25-66 is in the position that it is.

It’s the same approach station management at 25-66 take... to blame others instead of taking responsibility to improve the situation. To that end, Teddy, it sounds like you would be a perfect fit for a future career at 25-66 management. (Or maybe you already are a 25-65 manager... posting anonymously?). Either way, try sticking to the topic at hand and go ahead and defend 25-66/Sinclair’s racist hiring practices that prevent persons of color, LGBT, and other minorities from being hired and/or getting promoted.



User avatar
Herm
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:31 am

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by Herm » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:19 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:31 pm
Herm wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:24 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:30 pm

PS: I'm only saying what some of us are thinking. A guy blasting his own employer, while not going through proper channels, including HR. Looks just like LL101. The others are too wimpy to say it. I'm not.
Um... are you new? Is this your first day?
Hell no. Do you not remember me years ago before the data dump? Before LL101 came up with so many names? It's the same whack shit, without the gay or victim references.
No... I don’t remember you.



Dudley
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by Dudley » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm

He's been around a while Herm. He has been in a lot of pissing matches with Dickhead 101.



User avatar
G G
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: Northville

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by G G » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:17 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:21 am
This is also an LGBTQ issue with almost EVERY radio and TV station. Speculation/opinion networks seem to be the exception beyond gossip magazines on TV. You cannot point out just 1 injustice, without pointing out all of them.
Lisping doesn't make for good media.


Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by TeddyBear » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Dudley wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
He's been around a while Herm. He has been in a lot of pissing matches with Dickhead 101.
Not exactly pissing matches, as much as exposing the fraud and many personalities that is LovinLoser101 and "it's" many names, in which 2 of them posted in this topic.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Racist Hiring Practices

Post by TeddyBear » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:21 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:25 pm
Teddy: nice attempt at baiting. Nice attempt at diversion.

Everyone knows who LL101 is. He’s a disgruntled former 25-66, former TV5, current M-Live employee.

As I have said before, I am directly affected as a current 25-66 employee. I am a good employee. I do my job and according to my last performance review, I do a good job. Why should I quit? Why is it wrong for me to ask the management at 25-66 to do their job to improve working conditions, improve the quality of journalism, improve the current low pay, to hire a diverse news team (especially in management ranks) that reflect the communities we cover, and to not just accept that we have to run the corporate propaganda and one-sided BS that make Sinclair a national disgrace and result in constant viewer complaints and advertisers who refuse to spend money on our stations?

The managers who run our station into the ground are largely held unaccountable for their decisions that have led to low ratings and low revenue. I (and many of my colleagues) believe that needs to change.

You can criticize me all you want for taking this approach to calling out my station. But I find it amusing that you and others refuse to debate the facts/the substance of why 25-66 is in the position that it is.

It’s the same approach station management at 25-66 take... to blame others instead of taking responsibility to improve the situation. To that end, Teddy, it sounds like you would be a perfect fit for a future career at 25-66 management. (Or maybe you already are a 25-65 manager... posting anonymously?). Either way, try sticking to the topic at hand and go ahead and defend 25-66/Sinclair’s racist hiring practices that prevent persons of color, LGBT, and other minorities from being hired and/or getting promoted.
Pointing out facts is not baiting.

Secondly, either you are lying about who you are, or are lying about working at Sinclair properties. And from an almost carbon copy of another LL101 post exact first line (however, a more complex word was substituted)... It's plainly obvious something is not truth. You have so many complaints of "your workplace" that did you wrong. You chose to be negative Nelly many times a day about it in many many many posts. If local refuses to do something, you appear to not go further up to regional. And whatsmore, the more you kvetch (since you were also Jewish 2 years ago, you know the meaning) about it here. That pulls your credibility down. Any good lawyer would tell you to shut your mouth, so that you don't discredit yourself. But if you look at the whole picture, nothing adds up. That shows us that you are LL101, pretending again.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic