Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I’m off holidays so you can work

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

I’m off holidays so you can work

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:58 am

Can someone tell “Look at me” David Custer that he should probably not rub it in that he gets to take practically EVERY holiday off. I’m glad he’s so far up news director’s favorite list that he gets time off with his bae. However, there are those of us who have to work on holidays because he and others like the entire 25-66 management team believe they don’t have to inconvenience themselves by working on the same holidays they expect us to work.

There’s news to cover even on holidays. I expect to have to work holidays, weekends, and weird shifts from time to time. I just don’t need to hear from Custer that he’s entitled to live by different rules than his fellow journalists.

Herm

Re: I’m off holidays so you can work

Post by Herm » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Yeah... while I applaud your efforts to call out mismanagement as you see it, this is just part of the business.
There are people who work on the holidays and people who don’t. It sucks for those of us who have to work on the holidays but that doesn’t necessarily mean it is some kind of injustice.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:45 pm

Being salty about your bosses on a public message board isn't the best career move. With seniority you get to pick your holidays, I take Christmas and Thanksgiving off but an happy to work New Year's day and other days. 20 years ago, I didn't like having to work Christmas when my parents had flown up from Florida to see us for the Holidays either.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:29 pm

David Custer wearing that ugly sweater as well and pimping out his hubby's hair salon in his message since he seems to do that a lot on TV5 newscast.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic